Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Hotel update (Important)

6K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  vsolo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I live in the area & was checking out one other Ramada Hotel, After talking to Rdubois & OP we decided to change the location. The advantages are many. He is a copy of what I talked to Rdubois about. We decided to make this a seperate posting.

I stopped over to talk to the people at this Ramada the manager was not there but the guy working there explained a few things to me.. He told me it is best to make your reservations on the INTERNET , If you call & make reservations it is 84.95 a night if you do it thru their web page for that hotel;

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/contro...80&brandInfo=RA

It is only 59.95 a night , The other place was a 68 to 71 a night depending on the number of people, this place it is the same price on the web for 1 or 2 people & you have a better choice of rooms,(I did not check out what it would be for 3 or 4 in a room but you can look), & like I said this is a much nicer place

The guy there also told me they could not guarantee that the rooms would be together, BUT if I check back later after most pople have made thier reservations we can see what they can do, which was better than the other place could do...

The pool is nice, there is a nice grass court yard that surrounds the pool with benches & trees.

As for local activities (besides what we have planned) , you can walk (about 50 steps ) to a bowling alley & there is a Target store there too as well a restaurant (Olive Branch) at the hotel. we are just up the street from Pikesville with had some neat little stores altho there was a bit of traffic on the road (Rte 140)

Now the only problem I see is if some one does not have a credit card to make a reservation. We can work thru this if needed.

Also once we make the reservations & I have a good number or rooms I can talk to the manager about getting the rooms closer to each other

We will also be about 4 miles from OP place & the picnic place so if you forget some thing it is not that far to go back to the hotel.. I alos found out he hangs out at the 7/11 right there too.

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
What do you mean only three show up? We should have about 20-25 for the meet so far and you have

Room 1 Rdubois + 1 :smiley_ab
Room 2 Black04 :phone:
Room 3 VAbeach +1 :phone:
Room 4 Vsolo :smiley_ab
Room 5 Phiber + 1 :smiley_ab
Room 6 Wildman92 :confused:

For the Hotel so far. I think we need one or two more for the hotel and that would be great.

#12 · (Edited)
If you are thinking of coming & still not 100% sure, you can make a reservation via the INTERNET & get the good price, you can cancel online up to the day before & you credit card will not be charged (well that is what is say when you make the reservation), I don't know if it is worth it but you can sign up for RamadaRewards & they are having a free contest to win a car. I USUALLY do not participate in stuff like this but this was not a bad deal..

#15 · (Edited)
I'm not sure about a cut off but hotels usually give a larger discount the usually with a 3 weeks or more notice. Right now the rate it an INTERNET rate & I assume they are using that to drum up some business (see paragraph below) . I'm not that familar with Ramada, but I know the hotel.com price for the other place had risen to 68 to 71 where it use to be 65/
According to the web page you can " CANCEL BEFORE 4PM" Altho I would not wait that late, you could always cancel the day before. I would not push it to less then 24 hours.. besides you should know by then if you are coming or not.

also on the RAMADA web page says:

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/best_rate_guarantee

Starting on May 1, you can get the Guaranteed Best Available Rate or It's Free when you book your reservation at Ramada.com or call 800-2-RAMADA.

If you find a lower publicly available rate for the same hotel accommodation and date on another web site, we’ll give you your first night free!

So don't delay :) I know it does see far away but time is flying

#16 ·
OK, ok ok I'll book for the time being. Double check before I go ahead, this is the address right?

1721 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD 21208, US
Phone: 410-486-5600 * Phone 2: 800-874-1218 * Fax: 410-484-9377

K, so when I entered the date $59.95 came up....yay. So just go for it then? Or do you have a promo code so that we will all be in the same group or we just go ahead and book and when we arrive it's taken care of? I'd assume they would give you a code to book so a group of rooms are together. Lemmie know!

#17 · (Edited)
Yup, that is all you do.... you have the right address & everything.

you dont have to put in codes or anything. They told me they could not be sure to put them together just yet.. I live near by & about 3 weeks before I'll stop by & see about getting as many rooms together as possible..

If I get an idea of how many rooms have been booked already I'll asked about it sooner...

Bill 8)

#19 ·
don't forget to click on "Stay More. Get More! Sweepstakes" and Instant Win Game when you make your reservation,,, hopefully it is not too late :)

#21 ·
I'm posting this just to move this closer to the newer post about the hotel by Rdubois "If you are staying at the hotel on Fri,Sat, or Sunday night. Look here" incase some one needs the info for the hotel

#22 ·
well i was wonderin if anyone needs a bunk mate. I havent made a reservation as of right now. I will probably stay friday, and saturday nite

#23 ·
We're staying Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Well, that is if we get up there in time for Thursday night. We are leaving in the wee hours of Thursday morning so as not tohave to spend another night in a Hotel. The original plan was to leave Wednesday night. We will alternate driving. :) We will leave either early Sunday morning or Saturday night; So we might not be staying Saturday night. ANYHOW; More updates later. :)

#26 ·
i havent made a reservation as of right now so i am looking ot room with someone i'll help pay for it

aim: scottiegtboy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.