Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed my hotshot header for 2.0 4cyl Beta engine today. The header is desinged for 4cyl Tiburon but this header also fits 2001~2003 Hyundai Elantras.
It only took 30 min to install..... Very nice~ No CEL, No problem~ :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be installing customized Injen Super SES(Tiburon application) to my Elantra. Dual mufflers~ I know I have to relocate the emission black box in the back to do that... I will post pictures when its done.... :D

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
yeah i didnt get the CEL for 2 days but it will be there for sure!

·
Registered
687 Posts
They look real nice keep up the good work

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
why would he get a cell??? there is a spot on the header for the o2 sensor...the second...never mind...you have to weld the 2nd o2 sensor behind the last cat...nevermind! ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Did you get rid of the fan or just the fan shroud? In some of the pics it look like you have no fan at all. Bet that will run REAL DAMN HOT! I guess ceramic coat will help a little bit with that. My Evo Fusion header jacked up my under hood temps big time.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The Hotshot header comes with a relocation kit for the 2nd 02 sensor and if he keeps the 2nd cat there should be no cel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
CEL shouldnt be a problem for mine...its got the O2 sensor installed..why would I have CEL on? I have been driving all night last night and no CEL....

The fan was removed during the installation for clearance to drop in the header. The was re-installed after... Removing the fan is easy(just few bolts)

·
Registered
194 Posts
How's the power gains?

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
how about the noise?? i know that a lot of people were complaining of a buzzing noise...do you have that at all???

slvrsleeper.....header wrap would be your friend

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's a very nice looking setup. :) Looks like it protrudes a bit farther out than the stock header; No way to fit a custom heat shield in there, eh?

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
I'm goning to have to find my disk with the dyno sheet on it but on a completly bone stock tib we got 7hp gain. I dont have the TQ #'s.

people that have added this to an allready modified system say they love it. our test tib didnt get that much louder.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts