Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe those individual who run the Elantra store would want to look into creating a nice emblem that we could all purchase for our cars that would not only advertise our affiliation with the site, but also look cool at the same time! :)

The possibilities are endless...I would even help create designs if needed :tongue:

http://www.motorheadjewelry.com/customtg_info.html

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The only problem would be the minimum order. From the last link posted it looks like the smallest lot they might do is 500 peices which would come out to $450-$550 depending on a couple things. If someone can get this done without having to order 500 of them or if you want to sit on the 498 others I'll buy 2 of them off ya as long as I like the design.

·
Buffalo's Finest
90 Posts
I just read the old thread about the ideas and i like it. If someone can get something together, the price is right, and the design is cool i am deffinitely in. i think it is a great idea.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, small emblems (when getting 500) only come out to about 1.10 each. The person who fronts the money for them could easily charge $4 each to members....otherwise maybe a design could be made and then a GB arranged for at least a 100 members to front the money for the emblems.

Emblems the size of the H logos would probably cost $3-$5 each (person could charge 10-15 if necessary)....still alot cheaper than $20 that wont fit (like the emblems evo carries)

Just ideas...that company appears to make nice emblems!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think this is a really cool idea... design something nice and tasteful and I'd buy it!

Wil

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
rckozma said:
Something like this?

There will be 3 pictures: after - before - and side by side.

yeah something like that...not sure if i like the design too much...like it better than the H but not sure if i'm too crazy about that particular one. but that's def. the idea. now is it something you already have?

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Jtown said:
Not to crazy about any of those, nice try. But this is definately a good idea.
Not sure what you meant by "any of those", there is only one. The after pic is on my car, it is Carbon Fiber, the other two pics are the factory badging. It actually looks better in person, you really have to see it to before you can form an opinion.

Yev - yes I have the one, it is on the car now. It is the one from carbonman.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
yevRPS said:
hmmmm i guess it's a one off huh? i don't remember carbon offering those to the public
I guess you could call it a pre-production run ;)

I am sure he will offer it when time permits. It really does look better in person, ask anyone that was at the Tampa meet.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
We should have a design contest...and have the forum members vote on which emblem they would want. :cool:

Moderators...this is for you. Set up a thread for this so entries can be accepted for a limited amount of time and then voted on...you might even begin by specifying a uniform format for the pics and stuff that needs to be on the emblem.

And RCKOZMA...how hard was it to take the original H emblem out without damaging the paint?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even so (with carbon making those emblems) many of us arent going for the carbon-fiber thing....so another style would be cool.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
04Elantra said:
And RCKOZMA...how hard was it to take the original H emblem out without damaging the paint?
You can do what Super said, or I just took some floss and put it between the badge and trunk lid. Worked like a champ.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts