Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I didn't find EXD, EXD found me.

I can't even remember what I googled but I ended up here.

Sent from my hands using an application on some device that is full of ice cream.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I found EXD, looking for mods for my 2010 Elantra GLS.. Been a owner for a week and a day, and I just gotta say I love the way the car drives.. I already have plans for mods.. Looking forward to getting helpful info :)

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
everytime i would google a question about my elantra, i would always end up here. Great info, smart people and overall good website, so that made me join and hopefully i will become an active member for life

·
Registered
5 Posts
well i just found this website by an ebay seller because i was angry with him ,i purchased a new sway bar from him for my 2001 hyundai elantra gls and it was professionally installed now when i hit bumps it makes noise in the rear right side, i took it back to the mechanic and he compared my old sway bar to this new one and he said that this new had a higher arc on the right side then my old one so everytime i hit a bump that arc is hitting my underbody,and im explaining this to my seller and he says no your mechanic must have installed it wrong but he pulled this new sway bar from a 2001 elantra GT do there suspension parts fit gls'?

·
2005 Member
834 Posts
Yes they do and it should not be hitting the frame you can even install the tiburon one but it is a waste of money on the front sway bar. I found this website once the original moderator of elantraclub step aside I really thought that would be the end of that website and in 2005 I found elantraxd

·
Registered
589 Posts
I found EXD through (I think) searches of something I wanted to replace on the car. I can't remember what it was, but it could have easily been floor mats. I came on, searched around, and signed up that day. This is my first car forum, and I love EXD. There's so much knowledge that was built up over time, that helped/helps up new kids out.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
I know I posted in the last one, but what the hell.

Back in 2006 I was driving my '02 XD through Fishers, IN, and I stopped to look at a BMW E30 for sale. This guy in a blue '06 XD pulled up next to me, lowered and with the dash painted, and yelled out to me. That was the first day I met Andy (soullesselantra) who is still a good friend of mine to this day. I joined up on the forum that day, when he told me about it, and almost 11K posts later, I'm still around...though admittedly not as much.

For those of you who care, I still talk to Bob on a daily basis, too. I go shooting at his house quite often. I know you all miss him sooo much :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Back in February 2003, random searching on the internet with my 56K dial-up for Elantra stuff. The forum was young then, and I signed up. Those were fun years as everyone tried to figure out modding the Elantra in the peak years of import modding. +9 years later and I still make EXD an everyday visit, usually quite often. It was the first car forum, and first forum, I ever joined. Since then I've become a member of many other forums, some car forums, but none with as much interest as I had here. Though my Elantra has been gone almost 2 years, I still have fond feelings for this site. It will be interesting to see what the coming members do with Elantras from "my generation" as they will be used and cheap. Back when I started, the only place to get an XD was from the Hyundai dealer.

Fun fact, when I bought my Elantra Hyundai sold: Accent, Elantra, Tiburon, Sonata, Santa Fe, XG350. That was it.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Google... a long long long time ago

·
That's Mr. Detail to you
728 Posts
I was a member of maxima.org when I had my maxima so I googled "Elantra forums" to see if there were any forums for the Elantra. To my delight, there was, and this forum was the first hit on google. So here I am!

·
Registered
145 Posts
blackled elantra forums and found ya!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Google search, even though it's not the first result to pop. I just want to look out as much forums as I can to know as much as I can about my new daily since I like to do every maintenance and mods to my car by myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found this site by searching on google for head bolt sizes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking for people that know how to pull real performance and style out of my ride. I googled elantra xd to see what would come up and this sight poped up. I figure I can pick your brains to help my ride.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts