• I'll stick to my CDs.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Satellite radio???? Huh????

Votes: 1 1.9%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'07 XD NCAA Tourny Winner
481 Posts
I have Sirius, and have had it for over a year now and i love it. Makes the trips to other states bearable when you can listen to the same station the whole way down

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
I've heard it, and it's ok. there's alot of trees hanging over the roads in my town and in my friend's car it likes to cut out alot.

I'll stick to my z100.3 and integrated ipod!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
33 Posts
Keyan said:
I've heard it, and it's ok. there's alot of trees hanging over the roads in my town and in my friend's car it likes to cut out alot.
yeah trees and bridges and such can be a problem though... the antennae needs clear visibility to the sky... its funny though... sometimes ill have some trees overhead and it will cut out for a second... and others ill be driving in a parking garage under several thick slabs of concrete and it will work fine... lol... it does cut out in situations like that... but overall i think its much much better... the sound quality, station quality, commercial free, station options... oh and every nfl game (for sirius anyways)... make it worth it to me... every now and then ill switch to the radio cause i feel bad, and then a commercial comes on... i change the channel but every station has a commercial!!! then its back to sirius :D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I don't really have a problem with it.... but I'd rather listen to local radio if i'm driving around town.... if i'm on a trip I plug in the iPod...

i just can't justify the monthly fee..... I wouldn't feel like i was getting my money's worth out of it....

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I have XM in our Suburban and my company van. I love it, especially the 24 hour traffic and weather stations. They have one for Tampa, Miami, and Orlando - all three cities I drive through. Plus, it has the Nascar channel, which means when I am working on the weekends I can still hear my races. Squizz and Boneyard are my favorite channels. Plus with XM I can listen to it on my laptop via the web for free too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I haven't had a chance to try out either of them.

I probably wouldn't get it anyway since I only drive in summer and winter (my school's in NYC and I live in my apt there while in school), and since I'm satisfied with my Musicmatch On-Demand.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have XM and agree with jognblaze94, I LOVE IT!!!!!

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
I'd like to use three of the answers....
I've heard XM and it's ok; I wouldn't spend my money on it; I'll stick to my CD's.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Some of my friends cars have it. No big deal if you ask me. I prefer CDs. The selection of music stations is abundant, but from my experience, a whole lot of the stations just play crappy songs you've never heard of, in addition to the same 7 songs you hear on the FM radio. Not worth the money. I'll keep CDs and FM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
The selection of music stations is abundant, but from my experience, a whole lot of the stations just play crappy songs you've never heard of, in addition to the same 7 songs you hear on the FM radio.
I agree, I have XM and I do like it but the songs they play are not all that great sometimes, but it makes up for that with its talk channels, the comedy channels are my favs and when im sick of that and the music I look for other talk stations and sometimes you find good stuff.

Cant wait for Hockey season to start, hopefully XM airs a lot of the games.

On reception, I find I have great reception in the city, in short tunnels and overpasses, but in a very few areas with open skys I always lose reception and toll booths that accept EZ pass kill my reception 50% of the time too. Overall I am very happy with reception that I receive.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
One of the things I like about XM is that it is unedited, unlike local radio stations that have to adhere to FCC regs.

Plus it has a couple of kid stations too that my kids listen to when they are in the 'burb.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Schooner said:
I don't like the idea of paying a monthly charge to listen to the radio...
bet you dont like the idea of paying for cable as well as internet access either?
the difference between satelite and terrestrial radio is analogous to having cable tv and air(antenna) tv. sattelite radio is the future be it XM or SIRIUS

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
importspeed said:
bet you dont like the idea of paying for cable as well as internet access either?
the difference between satelite and terrestrial radio is analogous to having cable tv and air(antenna) tv. sattelite radio is the future be it XM or SIRIUS
No the big difference is with Cable and Internet I can choose what I watch or read, but with radio, all you can choose is what style of music you listen to. Just cause I like snoop or 50 doesn't mean I like all rap and want to pay to sit through all the other songs I don't like. I like to be in charge of what I listen to and for the cost of XM I can download a bunch of songs I want to hear, not just what they want to play.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts