Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How long do you plan to keep your Elantra?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Well, until a couple of months ago, I wanted to replace it as soon as the Santa Fe is paid off (which is 4 years to go, ugg). Then I was thinking that I drive 7 miles to work... at that rate, the Elantra should last a hundred years. My new thought is to keep the Elantra and Santa Fe for work commuting until their wheels fall off, and buy a 3rd car for fun and going out in (Along the lines of a 3-series convertible, or couple-year-old Porsche). It just doesn't make sense to have a nice brand new car to drive 7 miles to work in.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I'm driving this thing until it falls apart. Hopefully that'll be another three or four years yet. Then I'll buy a used 2006 Sonata to replace it :p

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
well lets see for my car... i got the car to last through college so its going to last at least 4 years... but i really like this car so i'm going to keep her running as long as i can and mod it as well... i'd love to be able to hold onto this car as long as possible since it is the first car i purchased myself and holds a great deal of sentimental value :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well since I just got it and love the style and think its a pretty cool car for the pirce. I will probably keep it for a good amount of time.. Plus if I get more money I want to customize the hell out of it becasue I like to customize strange cars that not a lot people have..

·
Have a computer Question?
105 Posts
I said more than 5 years.
One of the main reasons I bought this car was to drive it. If after 5 years its still driving well then I will drive it longer.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
im hoping that if i dont add many more miles and keep it in good condition, i can talk my brother into taking over the payments when he turns 16 next year and i can get something newer. it would be a good car for him as a first car, but what i will owe i dont think he'll want to spend, so we'll see. i did tell him i would match 10% of what he saved since my dad tends to buy 2-3 shitty cars until he realizes to just buy a good car, so my brother learned this from 3 older siblings and is saving his $

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had mine for 5 months, Paid it off last week, Mentioned to wife I was thinking about selling it and buying something...........She BLEW A Head gasket..... Said the Elantra is staying...
Looks like I'm keeping this one.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I will probably keep it for more than 5 years. I never drive it, it is 2 years 9 months old and I still have less than 11,000 miles on it. I will getting a bike as soon as we buy our house (which it looks like we have found one we like, so that should be pretty soon I hope), so I will use the car when it is raining and I am not driving the company vehicle.

·
Member Extraordinaire!
532 Posts
I plan on keeping this as my commuter vehicle even after I get out of school. I am driving about 20k a year right now, and will be driving it at least 2 more years. I plan of getting another Jeep when school is over and will needsomething that gets good mileage as a daily driver.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'd say within the next 12-18 months. By then the warranty will be up..... I'll either get that hot Accent 3dr or a Sonata GL depending on how the finances are then.

·
Registered
95 Posts
To be honest, I want my Elantra to be around forever. The styling is so hot compared to other 4 door sedans in the market.

My Elantra isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Who could possibly get rid of such a beautiful car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I bought it in 2003 and I'll replace it in 2008. Most likely with another one. There isn't anything else available that can compete with it, unless Hyundai does something really impressive with a new Tuscani before then.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts