Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How many times do you wash your Elantra?

• Never

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Once every 6 months

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Once every 4 months

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Once every 2 months

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Once every month

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Twice per month

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Four times per month (every week)

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • More than four times per month

Votes: 10 9.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not often enough, especially(sp?) in winter when its most needed due to calcium... In my defense, its very depressing to wash the car to see it nice for a maximum of 24hrs.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Over the summer of '04 I was good for once a month. This past winter I washed it on a nice warm day just after Christmas and it stayed dirty until two weeks ago. I prefer not to waste my time washing when it's gonna get dirty two days later.

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
During the summer I wash wash once a week, it gets the cheep coin. Detail(vacuum, tires, & trim, rainX) about once every month.
During this past winter, I washed it about once a month and and when it was iced, or baddly salted up I'd take it to the coin wash and rinse it off, but not much more than that...

I'd say that in the year I've had my XD2, i've spent $100-$150 cleaning the thing, with supplies and the coin washes. I have the MR. Clean Autodry thing. It works but its time consuming and imo a PITA.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have to wash it every time it rains. The rain here is damn dirty (Thanks POSCO!), and it looks like I've had muddy water poured on it as soon as everything dries. I've washed it four times in a week when the lousy weather people fail to predict new rain. When dry season comes I still have to wash it once a week or so to get the dust off it. When the yellow dust season starts (Thanks China!) it's more of the same. I keep the self service wash people in business. I can't stand a dirty car. It's like leaving the house without a shower.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wash and vacuum mine every week or so during the late spring, summer, and early fall. During the winter I don't do anything. I usually wax it every other wash and completely detail it (cleaner, polish, wax) every two to three months.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
as long as it's over 0 celcius i wash it, typically twice a month. but during the winter maybe once a month. I vacuum as often as possible and try to wax and get an engine wash annually.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wash my car once a week but that's just a trip through the spray wash. Not a hand dry. Lately it hasn't been necessary cause we've had rain almost every day for the past week or two!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I never wash my car. But it gets cleaned with Meguiars quick detailer every week, and then gets covered up with a car cover. It never gets driven in the rain, and when I come back from a drive I wipe it down with a damp chamios, and when the car cools down I use the quick detailer. The interior gets cleaned or dusted every week. The undercarriage gets cleaned/detailed about once a month.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I run my car through the carwash weekly if it is raining. When it is dry outside, I will run it through the carwash once and as long as it stays dry outside, I use a California Car Duster and spot clean with a damp bar towel. I polish and wax with Maquire's quarterly to help the dirt come off easier.

The interior? I have a California Dash Duster and do it about twice a week while I am waiting in line or sitting at a stoplight. I was doing that while I was waiting for the teller at the bank to make my deposit. She stated that I was making good use of my time. I also have a small paintbrush I use to get dust and specks out of the cracks and creases in the dash and center console, and around the switches. I vacuum the carpets about once every other month. Every once in a while I wipe down the interior with a damp bar towel.

I like a clean car. Some say I am too anal about it. I know there is worse than me.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
I usually wash my car every weekend or every other weekend. Right now w/the rain lately I haven't been able to wash my car in like 3 weeks......It's soooo dirty too. I really don't believe that when it rains it washes away, In fact it makes it more dirty (especially for a white car).

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Summer time = at least once a week, sometimes more if I wash it, then it rains, I'll wash it again. In the winter though, I probably make it clean about once a month. So, that averages to about 2x per month.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I park mine in the winter now to avoid the road salt and all that other shit. In the summer i wash it inside and out atleast once a week. all hand wash no coin op or instant washes.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Haha, I washed mine in October and then March and then last weekend, but when I say wash I mean a couple of dollars in a high-pressure wash bay. The interior I keep as clean as possible all the time. I really like those Armour All cleaning wipes, but I don't use any armour all shine stuff.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Most of the time i'm just 2 lazy to get out and wash the 'Lantra. but when i do, it looks GREAT and it shines like a star! :bling:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts