Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How much snow have you driven your Elantra in?

• Up to 2"

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 2-4"

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • 4-6"

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • 6-8"

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • 8-10"

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • 10-12"

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Over a foot!

Votes: 30 19.0%
  • My Elantra has never seen snow!

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • Snow...?

Votes: 22 13.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
642 Posts
I drove it home from the dealership the first day in a blizzard... fortunately I had bargained them into getting me some decent TOYO snow tires but I saw the Traction Control Kick in at many junctions :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
i use my 03 as a snow plow .... I plowed it into my buddies farm yard towing my sleds one day and had her burried good.... had to unhook the trailer and dig her out....

·
Registered
575 Posts
8" last year. My first winter with the XD and I went into a school yard and played around for about an hour.
It was my first time with ABS and TCS and I wanted to get used to them.
No problems at all. I just used common sense and I was ok.. probably didn't approach the limit of the car but it did as much as I wanted it to :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Before I got my Eibachs I was able to swim in just over 1 foot of snow, but I think if I tried now it would get beached.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Last year i went through over a foot, this year i went about 4 inches one day and my car is lowered so the snow was being pushed by my foglights and other than that it has been in the garage.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Im goin to say the 5 inches we got last night/this morning.I bottomed out a little bit this morning but nothing too severe.Im surprised how well it pulls thru the snow.I did a couple of e-brake pulls in a empty parking lot this morning just for something to do.It made me miss my Nissan 4x4 when I saw the snow piles around me

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i'd say 2 to 4 last nite

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I drove the XD in about 6 inches of sleet once.... really wet and slushy.... almost got hung up once but made it home...

oh, and then there's the time I drove it in about 4" of snow, but with 205/50 16 summer tires! (actually, it did really well...)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've driven through about 10" 25 cm of snow. Where I live in the burbs they don't plow until later in the day. Of course I have snow tires but with that much depth it is not easier to get traction.

·
Make Every Day A Hyundai!
111 Posts
The most i've maxed out at has got to be about 3.. I know better than to even try. Don't want the headache of digging and pushing. My M1 A1 abrams tank (windstar) on the other hand.... Man I'm glad i kept that thing. I am glad that you town does plow the same day DanMan, Mine plows like 3 days later even on snow emegency roads

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
well right now its 8-10" but i have the feeling by the time i finish digging her out and get back from the bank it will be more, well, off i go

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
every year since I've had it... (aug 01...) we've had 10 inches today... or thereabouts... the blowing snow factor....max i've driven it in is about 18 inches... I drove it with the 17's in the pic for one of the nastiest winters in the last few years....multiple foot or more storms... no abs/tcs also... heheh....right now I'm running stock size steelies with stock michelins up front and 17's in the back with about 25 percent tread left.... which explains why I fishtailed on my way to work doing 15mph in front of a cop... (fishtail to right then left perpendicular to direction of travel) only been stuck once... in a parking spot.... (forgot to back in so I could pull out)....

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
We got 1.5 feet last week, and we've had a steady drop since then every day or two. So, it's getting up there...and it's freezing for the bottom two layers because it's been -15 or so (celcius, convert it yourself!). CAI hits the ice every now and then when it's real deep, I don't think it likes it, but at the same time, it's cold air so it better love it.

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
My elantra has never seen snow.
However, I nearly totalled my Apollo (Camry), when I spun out on black ice and my rear wheels ended up 12" from an 8 foot ditch. It scared me a lot.
We do have snow here, but far away, and I'm not really into skiing or snowboarding...

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
i drove through about 8inches i was actually plowing the snow infront of me...i would have to get out and push the snow away every couple of hundred feet...

although with the coils...i could probably raise it all the way up and be past stock ride height!! and go mudding!! or through some drifts!! LOL! we received about 12 inches were i'm at yesterday.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts