Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How often do you change your oil?

• Less than every 3,000 miles (Regular oil)

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • 3,000 miles (Regular oil)

Votes: 76 42.0%
  • 6,000 miles (Regular oil)

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Less than every 3,000 miles (Synthetic oil)

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 3,000 miles (Synthetic oil)

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • 6,000 miles (Synthetic oil)

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • You have to change the oil?

Votes: 11 6.1%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Mobil 1 Synthetic w/ Mobil 1 oil filter is getting a bit too expensive for me, so I switched to Mobil 1's Synthetic Extended for 15K miles. I'll have to see how that works out.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Royal Purple 10w30. I use the larger Purolator Oil Filter and change it every 3,000 miles, while the oil stays in for 6,000.

·
Member Extraordinaire!
532 Posts
Wasn't this just a poll a while back?

None of the above apply, I go the Hyundai recomended 7500 miles between oil changes, with a synthetic though.

Edit: nope, no poll, just a few threads discussing it. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I plan on changing it every 2500 miles.Changed it this time at 2700.I am using Castrol syntec 10-30

·
Registered
321 Posts
I havent changed it yet in my car because it only has 2100 miles on it. Im getting it changed at 3000 miles because I have a free oil change from the dealer but after that Ill change it myself every 3000 miles.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I use regular oil & change it at 5k intervals.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When the dealership schedual tells me to. so none of the above.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
6k with synthetic. working fine lately...before a couple changes ago it was 3k w/ 10w30 religiously

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mobil1 5w30 in the winter, 15w50 in the summer, OEM filter. every 6000kms, which is what Hyundai Canada calls for. I'll follow it even after the warranty runs out because I'm afraid to go any longer even on synthetic with my driving style.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Okay, so my option was not there so I choose the 3,000 with synthetic. I usually change it every 3 to 4 months regardless of the mileage (note: my car is 2 and 1/2 years old and only has 10,000 miles on it so I do not see 3,000 miles in 3 to 4 months).

·
Registered
166 Posts
There's no option for once a month...

I dunno what kind of oil. I just pull up to the magic door, the car disappears and reappears an hour later.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
I can't really vote. I keep a close eye on it and change as it gets dirty. Rioght now that's about 4k miles. Hyundai filter and valvoline 10w30. 46k and counting.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You mean you have to change it!?! You don't just add more into the thingy at the top of the radiator?!? LOL Every three grand religously like a good OPEC slave should, 20/50 Valvoline race oil BTW, I wanna start using Royal Purple but can't find it in the correct weight.

·
Member Extraordinaire!
532 Posts
slvrsleeper said:
You mean you have to change it!?! You don't just add more into the thingy at the top of the radiator?!? LOL Every three grand religously like a good OPEC slave should, 20/50 Valvoline race oil BTW, I wanna start using Royal Purple but can't find it in the correct weight.
What weight you looking for?
Racing 51 is a 20w-50 oil, not API certified, and regular 15w-40 and 20w-50 Synthetic.

Or are you saying you just can't locate it? Any seller of RP can get it for you if they don't stock it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I meant that the monkeys at Pep-Boys got the glazed look of confusion when I asked thats all, I just have to be more persistent, thanks though.

·
Old timer
298 Posts
archywills said:
There's no option for once a month...

I dunno what kind of oil. I just pull up to the magic door, the car disappears and reappears an hour later.
:eek2:

Please drive to my house and I will change it for you. At least then you will know what type of oil is in there. :)

I use Castrol Full Synthetic and at 7500 miles. I got over 300,000 on my 2.4L Toyota extracab 4X4 at that interval and the motor looked brand new, inside, when I tore it down.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I do mine at 2 -2,500 k depending on how I drive it.Im very hard on cars :redface:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts