Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How often do you drive your Elantra purely for enjoyment?

• Never

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Once or twice a year

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Three to five times a year

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Once a month

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Once a week

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Twice a week

• Three times a week

• More than three times a week

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Every day

Votes: 34 30.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
same here super, if the gas prices were lower i'd just go for a drive every chance i get

·
Registered
84 Posts
I go driving for fun 3-4 times a week. Traffic on our I-25 isn't too bad so I try zipping around in that for a while, and I also have some pretty sick mountain roads to go drive. They are like the ones you see in commercials for sports cars all windy and everything. it's baddass. I try to make sure that every time the road will let me I'm up over 100mph. I love to drive! :drive:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I'm in the car enough going to and from work/other places. I don't really get in the car just to get in the car. Maybe after I move and I live closer to work, I'll go for liesure drives, but right now I can get all the driving I want just by going through daily tasks.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Well since I don't drive my car anyways, everytime I am behind the wheel it is enjoyment.

Speaking of which, I just drove it for the first time in 4 months.

*edit*
I moved this to the Poll section, I hope that is where you want it.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Every night when it gets dark I take 30minutes just to chill out and drive. If I dont feel like driving than I go outside to the car and listen to some music...Wait, who voted never? Thats bullshit :mad:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Every time i get in the car maybe? foot to the floor gun it baby! ;) ok i only get like 190-200 miles per tank of gas still its fun and what the hell might as well have fun whats life without it :D

·
s/c xd gt
396 Posts
leadfoot eh...me too max i ever got on a tank was 275 with 50% of the driving going to the city from LI and with gas prices at 2.25 hell no Im staying home....

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
I can say that at the end of a work day I can't wait to get in my Lantra, turn the music on and ride home. Usually I try to take the lantra out on joy rides during the weekend.....you know head out somewhere w/the windows down and cruise.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i was gone for a week and i missed driving it everyday. I think that was the thing i looked forward to the most when i came home.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i take the long way home through the back roads on my way home back from work every day.... tho it would be more enjoyable if i had more power... :)

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i try to drive it enjoyingly (is that a word?) all day while im at work...theres a few good roads that are fun to hit. when i first got the elantra, there is a turn that has an S in the road...when i first got it, i could hit the first turn at about 25 and come out of the 2nd one pushin 40...now im at 35 and a lil over 50 out of the 2nd one. its great. pizzas slide a bunch though. LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
I drive my Elantra once a month, the weather has to be nice and I detail it before I take it out, and then I just cruise :drive: . Once I get home I detail it again.I THINK I HAVE A PROBLEM :eek:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I could walk to work everyday, but I choose to drive. I look forward to it every afternoon and evening. It's not purely for enjoyment, but I sure don't have to do it, I just love being in my car and wasting gas. I guess I'm just naughty. :)

·
GenCoupe owner
160 Posts
I drive a Minimum of 60 Miles everyday...most of the time I do drive just for enjoyment...just about every single day...It's also really fun gettin' up beside Eclipses and Civics to play with...I have to say that i have fun everyday that i drive... :drive: Gotta Live the Life the way you want to...Live life 100mph at a time...

·
Registered
233 Posts
2fstfru said:
I go driving for fun 3-4 times a week. Traffic on our I-25 isn't too bad so I try zipping around in that for a while, and I also have some pretty sick mountain roads to go drive. They are like the ones you see in commercials for sports cars all windy and everything. it's baddass. I try to make sure that every time the road will let me I'm up over 100mph. I love to drive! :drive:

There are some good roads in CO for sure. I do a sidejob in the mountains, so I def whip in and out of the canyons. Gotta love windy roads!

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
I don't do this too often anymore but I guess it's about once a month. I'll drive out to this farm road and push the car pretty hard through the twisties. There's this one hard left turn you're supposed to take at 15 mph. But it's slightly banked which helps. And since I can see way ahead I kinda drifted the car around the corner at 40 mph once. I pushed it hard enough for the back end to step out when I let off the gas and then I re-applied the gas to straighten it back out. That was fun.

It was also a good area to take some pictures. It's where I took these older pictures with my last set of wheels.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts