Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

How satisfied have you been with your local dealer?

• Very satisfied

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Nuetral

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • They suck

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • I'd never go to them again

Votes: 9 10.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
I am satisfied, but I also get special treatment becuase of who I am :) Also my Uncle is the Sales Manager and my cousin is a Salesman so I get special deals. I mostly get alot more for my cars when I go to trade them in.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
my dealer is nice but I haven't done anything major with them yet so I don't know how they'll threat me or price the service once this happens.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
where i bought my car from sucks. after writing a check for them for $15,300, they didnt want anything else to do with me. Their service sucks too. The place I got to now is much better. Plus its a Dodge/Hyundai/Izuzu/Subaru dealership, so I always check out cool cars when I'm there. They let me, a 16 year old, test drive a tiburon v6, tuscon v6, and charger R/T. I voted very satisfied based on their service.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I haven't went to a dealer in Jacksonville Fl. since I moved here, but the dealer in Newport News Va. sucked big time.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I voted very satisfied... with the dealership in Morgantown. They have been a pleasure to deal with, and my sister has been treated very well there too.

The dealership I bought the car from was hit or miss. The few times I had a warranty issue, it was handled promptly and without hassle. But I didn't like the way they handled arranging service.... they didn't take appointments... it was first-come, first-served... drop it off at 7AM..... I hated that!

And when I took the car in to have the timing belt changed (which of course I was paying for) they let the car sit for 2 days, and said there were still a few cars in line in front of it to even be looked at....... I ended up picking the car up that evening and taking it to a dealer an hour away (who had it ready for me the next day).

Here's a sub question for you all...... Is your dealership Hyundai only, or is it part of a larger dealership... and do you think this helps or hurts they way you've been treated....

My original dealer was a Chevy\Izuzu\VW\Hyundai.... my current dealer is Hyundai exclusive.... and I think that's part of the reason I get better service...

·
Resident "Emo" Kid
3,526 Posts
I love my dealer. They do the service and TSB and all that with no hassle, and are really nice people. And I get no hassle with the mods on the car, even the ones that are illegal in this state (almost all of them...)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm happy with my dealer. It is just a Hyundai dealer but they have their Chevy dealership just across the raod. I haven't had to take my car in for anything major yet but when I do go in, they take good care of me.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very Satisified!

This is my second Hyundai from the same dealership and they have always treated me great and taken care of the car and the few warranty issues I've had. Even this huge ordeal with the transmission, the service manager went to bat for me in the end and convinced Hyundai Canada to go ahead and cover the car.

As far as the sub-question goes, my dealership is Hyundai/Subaru, which is awesome as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I haven't been very satisfied with mine. I took it in to have some weather stripping fixed and my passenger side mirrior replaced, they jerked me around for 2 hours after completing the repairs because it wasn't under warrenty but carmax was supposed to pay. The mirrior still popped off (even though it was replaced), so i took some elmers ultimate glue (not super glue :) ) and glued that shit on there.

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
The dealer I went to, to buy my car/and get service @, closes in 4 days permanently. Old [email protected]*^#$* Man Retires, doesn't sell, pass it on, just closes and takes the money from Lowe's Hardware for the space. :-| next closest dealer is 20 miles away.
Pat Moran/Rochester Hills Hyundai SUCKS

SED - does KIA honor the warranty work for Hyundai?

By the way I voted I'd never go back there. and if I see the service guys somewhere else, I'm going to just turn around and walk out the door, because they sucked too, for other reasons.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very satisfied...so far.

My car is only a month old, but I had it in for my first service on the weekend. Great deal on the oil change package - $25 Canadian taxes in (15% extra). Had a few questions/concerns which they addressed quickly and had the service tech double check everything, plus put a note in the system so that if it ever came up again there would be a record.

And one small thing that not many dealers (especially for a low-end vehicle) do is that they washed the car for me - not that it really needed, but it allowed me to put off the weekly cleaning so I could go and see my dad yesterday (yeah golf!). As far as I could tell they washed everyone customer's car. Compared to the experience my parents have had with a dealer two hours north of me, and they don't even top up anti-freeze with service.

The whole process took 35 minutes, close in time to a quick lube, but obviously of way higher quality.

Cheers to Hyundai South in London, ON - You guys effn' rock! Hey I never said it took a lot to make me happy...

BTW - saw the 2006 Sonata - very nice indeed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer is awesome. They are excellent when I get my car serviced and plus I know some people on the inside. They are also helpful when I have questions.

·
www.dfwhyundais.com
2,143 Posts
my dealer is alright.. kinda crappy as far as paid work goes.. but pretty decent on warranty work.. which baffles me, since they get paid more when its out of my pocket. oh well.

subquestion: my dealer is a hyundai/chevy dealer.. each has its own shop.. so i guess it could be considered hyundai exclusive as well

aaaaaand finally.. im surprised no one noticed that neutral was misspelled :rolleyes:

·
Registered
482 Posts
In Korea the "dealers" don't service the car, it's just a place where you go to place an order. VERY few actually have a car to test drive and there is no lot. The guy I bought mine from was a friend of my brother in law's. Apart from looking at me like I was crazy for ordering a red 2 liter hatchback, he was really good to deal with.

For any service after that you take it to the closest Hyundai car shop. They do all warranty work etc. The guys where I go to are really good, and they really helpful. It's dirt cheap too. They seem amused whenever I show up with a question or asking them to do this or that. Overall big thumbs up, especially compared to the Acura and Toyota dealerships in Canada that I dealt with. What a bunch of criminals. I'm sure there is a special place in hell for crooked mechanics and greasy sales staff like that.

Atlantic Acura and O'Reagan's Lexus/Toyota. You'll never find a bigger den of scum and villainy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate dealerships.. I was going to buy a car there but they where so dumb I said no.. Instead I got my car from a small lot in the small town I live in and they is great..

I have a great mechanic also that works on all cars and charges next to nothing to do work so that is great...

·
Have a computer Question?
105 Posts
I voted not satisfied.
The sales and finance dept was great at my dealership but everything else has been unsatisfactory. I have tried to order specialty parts from the parts dept and they never showed up and they never called to let me know they couldn’t get them.
I took my car in for the first oil change and when I got my two month old car back the interior was dirty and the engine light was on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts