1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Plant Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel

Car Fixture Personal luxury car Vehicle Auto part

Ive been running these like this for the past 4 months with no issues. the fitment in the housing was near perfect besides the depth which i cover below. i just used 18 gauge wire with an inline fuse to the toggle switch in the pic above so i wont get carried away with wiring. any questions just ask! suggestions are welcome too. for more pics and the story behind this discovery go here.... http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?49425-XG350-fogs-inXD

1# remove headlights to access drill point
2# remove the 2 screws in the plastic fog lamp insert
3# cut or remove tabs that hold the screws in place to make clearance for deeper XG350 fog lights (i just bent them back)
4# run wiring of your choice i used a simple toggle switch
5# insert new fog light into housing and align them to your liking
6# drill the fog light area on the bumper where the fog lights are inserted (looking down where the headlights were) and only drill into the outter black housing of the fog light (sorry no pic but i could take one if requested)
7# silicone the holes and screw down the fog light (i used the screws from the black plastic insert)
8# plug in your wiring and test your work!

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks avante! Kwk I drilled into the fog light cup of the bumper. If u take out the headlights and look down u will see the fog light cups. I just drilled holes into those and I not the black housing just far enuff to get thru the housing. Then siliconed and screwed them in.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Broken English? I'm 100% Caucasian I can't speak anything but English how is my English broken? Lol yea I drilled into the top of the housing just enuff to get thru the plastic. Then just used silicone. Haven't had any issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.