Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Currently have 120k miles on my '05 hatch, and the driver side bottom seat cushion is getting a little worn out. I'd like to swap it for the passenger seat cushion, since that one is still like new.

Anyone ever tried (or know how) to remove the bottom seat cushions?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Or massage it with leather conditioner, and keep massaging it until it regains some of its shape. My 05 gt has over 170k, and my seats are just wrinkled.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
just get a tib seat and be done.

the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor withint, if you remove the cushion form that side you will have to pull the sensor out of the seat as well. This means taking apart both seats. if you want to this is how you do it.

remove seat, there are 4 14mm bolts, two in the front and two in the back under the plastic covers. flip the seat toward the back seat and unplug the air bag sensors. IIRC there are three. Then there are 4 12mm bolts that hold the seat bottom to the rail. remove those and the seat bottom will come off (also you will have to remove the wires from the under part of the seat...the side airbag harness attaches to it and some of the others.

then you will have to remove the leather covering...i think they are on with hog ties (special tool to put them back on or just use some heavy duty pliers) The passenger side occupancy sensor is glued on the cushion...you have to be extremely careful when removing it. once you do put it all back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts