Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my g/f picked up this sony cybershot 6.0MP camera last week...same one that subzedized guy uses for all those insanely good pics of his nissan

anyone know of some stuff i could read up on to get an idea of how to use it to its optimal performance?

i would like to get out and try to get some nice night time shots with some lights in them, without the lights being blurry, or the focus being complete crap

i did pick up a tripod for it tonight for like 13$ and it seems to do a good job of keeping the camera still, as i tested on some streetlights. theres just so many settings on this camera and i have no clue what 1/2 of them are or if i should use one setting with something else, etc etc.

TIA

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check it out...i found a lexus forum that a guy explains it pretty well, and he also has a photo gallery and if you click the pic, it will show all the settings that were used...

now to see what her camera does/doesnt have compared to the settings hes using.

i wish i had the book over here so i could read through it a little more

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just takes practice....

I mainly only use Night Mode, Night Mode with Flash, Auto, and Auto without Flash.

All depending on the sittuation.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you Evan. We got this new camera and I'd like to take cool pictures but I've never really used any cameras or taken any photography classes (although I did take a lot of art classes in high school so I understand composition and all that stuff).

Maybe this is getting too in to it, but you could check to see if any of the local community colleges offer a basic photo class.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was fortunate to have fooled with SLR 35mm cameras in my youth. My SLR was worth 500 25 years ago, but I took about 2 good pix to ever roll of film. I read all the books, but cause you had to wait till you got the film developed, you forgot what you did, mostly. I learned stuff though.

Ratchet ahead to now, I have Fuji Fine Pix digital. Its streets ahead of the old days... If you plan on actually taking decent shots, generally the owners booklet is small enough to cart along with you. frig around with the settings, I usually just have the shutter on manual, and let it decide the aperture setting, but when starting out, it`s a good idea to take a duplicate shot in full auto.

digital is so sweet, cause you have no running costs, just get a decent sized memory card and go ape. Get a tripod, you`ll need one if you want to take freaky night shots.. But just basically take pics of everything, and sorta pay attention to what settings you use, such as film speed settings ( even though you aint got film ) write it down if you can be bothered.

There are usually photo tips on most of the manufacturers websites, Fuji`s is pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts