Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2004 xd with a dual exauhst.

because of my exhaust honda drivers want to race.

I want to know what I can do to get reasonable power to shock the street racers in my city.

any information at the best price will really help.

I have to get everything at one time beacuse i really want to just leave somebody :eek:ed!!!! I don't want anyone to see the under constuction process. I want to keep it hidden until the big show.

I want to get well beyond 250 hp. :bowdown:
can yall help me out?

·
06 GT Silver 5M
59 Posts
Turbo lots of it.. .that kind of power won't be cheap on our cars. Have you done any of the simple stuff? CAI or SAI? Better plugs and spark wires? I can immediately say that you will need a nice turbo or supercharger kit. (I'm partial to a supercharger because I am an automatic) If you want to run without a turbo or super, you’re going to need headers, a much better exhaust system, new intake and it couldn’t hurt to get better cams. I haven't done the more expensive stuff yet, but I have read all around the forums just look around there is plenty of advice to be found.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
If you want to get to 250whp you will need to go with a sc or tc. There aren't any supercharger kits avail that will get you that much power but a Alpine or GUDE turbo kit will get you right about there. A turbo kit will not be cheap but it can be done for a reasonable cost, as long as you consider $2500-$4500 reasonable. The two kits I mentioned go for about $2600 and you could stop there but your clutch won't last very long at that power level and traction will deffinatly suffer. So drop another $400 for a clutch and then up to 1K for a lsd, install $$ dyno tuning and all the little gauges and what not. If you are going turbo remember that certain things like headers and a cai will not work with a turbo setup.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nitrous with all the under the hood fixens. Pistons, headwork, all the intake and exhaust stuff. Some nice suspension work and clutch crap. ;) Sticker tires. Also, don't forget ignition. :) Fuel controller and crap like that. :) That way, when you need the power it's there. When you want 35 mpg, it's there, too.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And of course don't forget stickers! Every one adds 5 whp! :poke:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Oh yeah? Well I hear about a guy in Kansas who swapped a Greddy sticker off a Honda and he's getting like 8 second quarter mile times in his XD! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2GTS said:
If you want to get to 250whp you will need to go with a sc or tc. There aren't any supercharger kits avail that will get you that much power but a Alpine or GUDE turbo kit will get you right about there. A turbo kit will not be cheap but it can be done for a reasonable cost, as long as you consider $2500-$4500 reasonable. The two kits I mentioned go for about $2600 and you could stop there but your clutch won't last very long at that power level and traction will deffinatly suffer. So drop another $400 for a clutch and then up to 1K for a lsd, install $$ dyno tuning and all the little gauges and what not. If you are going turbo remember that certain things like headers and a cai will not work with a turbo setup.

I want to go with a turbo. I wanted this info so i wouldn't buy smaller stuff like a CAI or headers and not be able to use them.

My car is a 5 Speed. :cool:

Can yall give me some prices and specifics on what brands to buy? :confused:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I'm not going to spoon feed you here, look around here and at Newtiburon.com there is more than plenty of info out there for you to absorb. You need to learn stuff for yourself to truly understand what you're doing with the car and be able to keep it from going to shit. I'm more than happy to answer questions but do yourself a favor and do the research and figure out what is best for you. I may seem to know alot but in reality I'm no expert on anything in particular, I've just researched many things and decieded what parts of other peoples plans work for my vision. What I have in mind for my car might not be what you're looking for and the same with other people around. You just have to take the bits and peices to put together your idea.

Please don't take this as me being mean or unhelpful, you will thank me later when you can answer someones question or call someone on some bs because you took the time to learn when others only copy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2GTS said:
I'm not going to spoon feed you here, look around here and at Newtiburon.com there is more than plenty of info out there for you to absorb. You need to learn stuff for yourself to truly understand what you're doing with the car and be able to keep it from going to shit. I'm more than happy to answer questions but do yourself a favor and do the research and figure out what is best for you. I may seem to know alot but in reality I'm no expert on anything in particular, I've just researched many things and decieded what parts of other peoples plans work for my vision. What I have in mind for my car might not be what you're looking for and the same with other people around. You just have to take the bits and peices to put together your idea.

Please don't take this as me being mean or unhelpful, you will thank me later when you can answer someones question or call someone on some bs because you took the time to learn when others only copy.
I completly understand :bowdown:

thanks for the information that you've given me! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have seen a beta2 engine getting ready for a turbo set up....dont know exactly who it is...but he's from toronto for sure...can't wait to see the finish product of that engine...i will take pics of it since it's right next door to the shop i always go to...but..back to topic...getting a tc or a sc is the best way to get 250whp on a beta engine...plus...hondas ain't that fast unless it's the b16s 18s 20/18 setup or the h22's...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah everyone here has H22 engine swaps in Preludes, Civics, and Accords. Or they have F20C's in there S2000.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
250 whp........

turbo kit can do that easily.

if you want to use nitrous, you will need upgraded pistons and rods and a heavy duty head gasket.. I dont know what the capacity of the stock one is past 200 whp...

and that will be a direct port nitrous setup..

the best part of nitrous is that when its off, you are back to 35 mpg and car runs and sounds like stock...

all you need to do is bolt up the nitrous kit and switch it on ... then smoke the ricer next to you and then switch it of and drive home happily ever after... :)

either way.. 250whp... you will have to work on your engine if you want it to last you more than 10-30k miles without breaking something.. or at least wearing it out nasty...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts