Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo, Android nerds, help me buy my first Smartphone! I currently have a loooooong in the tooth Samsung Instinct that imma be replacing with some new hotness. I've narrowed down my selections to these 3 phones. Don't factor in the price... but let me know if my initial choice of the Desire HD is foolhardy. My GF has the Desire, and likes it.

My typical phone usage entails:
SMS
MMS
Facebook
Twitter
Calls (of course)

My future needs are:
Maps
EXD!!!!!!
Google searches
Camera (Party pics and candid ricer snaps)
Apps that I don't know I need yet

I'm looking for a non-frustrating experience, and I'm not sure that there are any benefits to me gained by rooting.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
208 Posts
humm... the Samsung Instinct is a sprint phone but you have not listed any sprint phones. how about the evo? that is what i have. it is nothing short of great. i was going to root as first but never got around to it. unless you want to take out the pre installed junk then you don't need to root as android is so open you can do so much.

·
Registered
199 Posts
humm... the Samsung Instinct is a sprint phone but you have not listed any sprint phones. how about the evo? that is what i have. it is nothing short of great. i was going to root as first but never got around to it. unless you want to take out the pre installed junk then you don't need to root as android is so open you can do so much.
+1 I've had my EVO six months and it is great! I have mine rooted, which was the first thing I did to it.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Another EVO user here. Wasn't a huge fan right out of the box (I got it right after release). I loved the phone and features, but battery life was short. Since the updates came along that lengthened battery life, I love it. I'm also not rooted.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Canada. It's all messed up here. I'm on TELUS.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
HTC stuff seems to be pretty good (on their newer stuff, some issues with the older) I've got my eye on the HTC Inspire thru AT&T.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'll tell you what, there is not much between these 3 phones. the nexus has a lot of memory and good battery life. they all have the same resolution. they can all do what you want them to do. i would pick the desire because of sense even though i use launch pro now lol..

i would have to say go play with them and pick the one you like best.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the Desire HD... awesome phone so far!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts