Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got these out of the mailbox. Some pics are posted below. The gap in the rings at the bottom is not seen, it has to be cut that way so it can fit the curved surface of the HVAC, the two cuts will be side-by-side when installed. There is one problem. There are 3 indiglo plugs and only 1 plug on the converter :2gunsfiri . Can you splice the 3 plugs into 1? It's AC current, so it should be ok to do that right? The pics are on my spare HVAC, someone else will prob. get these in the car before I do, so they can pick up where I left off.

EDIT
I forgot to mention, it looks like we won't need to cut anything on the HVAC. The 'flat wire' will be able to slip in between the front cover and the assembly, we'll just have to remove the front cover, install and replace. Simple.

·
Registered
262 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THE 3 pieces they for got to send????
the 3 pieces that go over the 3 buttons???
them wernt indiglo just the white face!!!!
i didnt get mine!
very pissed about that!
someone needs to email them and find out aboutthe 3 buttons and splicing 3 into 1 wire like said before!

·
Registered
268 Posts
now we need those for 04's, don't cut the wires you should call them and tell them you need the other wires you paid for a premade kit you should'nt have to cut any thing

·
Registered
711 Posts
hey guys, i spliced my three wires into one...no problem, just make sure u use all the same wires.

but the gap at the bottom is messed up...any fix for that?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's not going to be there. When you put it on the HVAC, the 3D design will close that gap so it doesn't exist. They had to cut that, otherwise it would be a circle trying to fit on an oval type situation. You'll see what I mean. It's only there in the picture because they're just laying there, not installed all the way

·
Registered
73 Posts
DAMN.... I cant wait untill I leave work so I can go home and see if they came. Question for you, is there tape on the back of those, or do we have to mount them some other way? Damn it.... 4 more hours till I can leave :(

Left work early :p And they were here waiting for me!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
It's not going to be there. When you put it on the HVAC, the 3D design will close that gap so it doesn't exist. They had to cut that, otherwise it would be a circle trying to fit on an oval type situation. You'll see what I mean. It's only there in the picture because they're just laying there, not installed all the way

dude, its still there even after install, very small but its there....

·
Registered
262 Posts
WHAT ABOUT THE 3 OTHER BUTTONS!
that pisses me off BAD!
and i just found out we are getting the splitters shipped seperate to us?

·
Registered
73 Posts
w00t!!!!!!!!!

While the HVAC was removed, and now knowing that the other buttons were not included, I decided to put in 3 blue led's for the A/C, Defroster, and Circulation buttons. I left the green and orange led's for the ON status, but the symbols are now blue :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok... so how in the hell do ya wire this beast? I mean, where do you wire this to in the hvac and does it require soldering? my directions were vauge and only said how to apply the adhesive backing :conf:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seymour Butts said:
ok... so how in the hell do ya wire this beast? I mean, where do you wire this to in the hvac and does it require soldering? my directions were vauge and only said how to apply the adhesive backing :conf:

All you really need to do is wire the inverter to the cig lighter wires, then either wait for the plug splitter to arrive or splice the plugs together. There is no soldering of the HVAC required. What you have to do is remove the 4 gold screws from the HVAC and remove the black face plate. Apply the white gauges, and then put the black face plate back on to cover the flat wires. Thats all there is to it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Man those would be so dope if they were available with black faces. I would even consider changing my interior lighting to blue...

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, did anybody get this mysterious 'plug splitter'? I've been waiting for it before I install mine, which is pi$$ing me off, since I've had the dash apart 2 times since I got the HVAC indiglos in the mail. I could just splice it, but if this splitter really is coming, then I'd be sad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't think anything else is coming :mad: It'd help if they didn't have such half-ass worthless instructions too. BTW OneLove, you didn't solder a new blue led on did you? If not, then this is going to be pretty damn cool once I find the time/willingness to take off my dash again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts