Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*UPDATED* HVAC Relocation Finished DVD player Mounted another SED original

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to my friend the dvd player :)

HVAC is in the glovebox...

I decided to go with the DVD player mounted under the seat, it was the most feasable option... oh well maybe I'll think of something better....

I have finished with the HVAC relocation, anyone wanting to try this I say go for it, there is a ton of room after that is gone!

pics:

oh, beware though if you try it be prepared for this:

heres a pic of the HVAC in the glove box, I had to cut a 1" hole in the back of the glove box to enable me to run the wires into it...

Overall I am very pleased with this install, keep an eye out for more new and exciting things from your neighborhod modder :)

shawn :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
my friend put one in on the passenger side of the center section which houses the former location of the HVAC. It's mounted about 6 in deep and at the level of the top of the screen. I'm not sure if this will work on an elantra, cause he has his in his civic. All you need to do is to cut the din sized hole, mount a din sized metal holder for the dvd head unit to fit in the hole, and wire the thing up.

Pros:
Out of the way
Kind of a Nice stealthed look

Cons:
Pain in the Ass to install (according to my friend)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not so sure about this, there is not much room behind the dash there..

I am thinking about cutting the ashtray and cig lighter out of the center and mounting it there...

what do you all think? does it look good?? I LOVE the way the screen looks, it looks like it was supposed to be there I mean its just so f'n cool i can't even explain it

·
Registered
99 Posts
oh sed, I have a question, how did u relocate the HVAC? is it as simple as extending wires and running it to the center console, or is it more difficult than that. also, how much modifying did u need to do to the HVAC hole in order to fit the LCD screen in snug?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the relocation isn't trouble at all, just one by one extend the wires as long as you want, just make sure you do it ONE AT A TIME, cause it can get confusing with the harnesses, believe me i learned the hard way

oh and modifying the center console, if you get a 7 inch lcd or tft screen it will fit pretty nice as it is ,but you will have to fabricate the brakets to hold it in. I used 304 stainless steel and welded some brakcets up and screwed it to the side of the console, then screwed it to the screen

other than that its simple..

pm me if you need more help i am always here to help fellow hyundai owners out, even if they are dicks with tiburons who don't respect my inovotions.

sorry for that, I went to a meet today and tiburon owners really pissed me off..
more in flame

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think im going to relocate my HVAC for room to put gauges in there, nice look though. Im a fan of the indash folding screens for the panty creaming factor my self.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just wanted everyone to know that I updated the first posts with pics and some more information on the hvac relocation, it didn't show up as a new post since i edited it.. oh well

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, oh and off topic a little, you were the only tib owner who even showed any interest in our cars.... it was good talkin to ya..

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mounted the DVD uder the passenger seat, it works well and doesn't move, I had to take out the two plastic Vs that blow air onto the back passengers feat and f ab a little braket to make the player have an angle upwards, but its cool because when you eject it the DVD comes right out under the passengers seat....

Ilan, I already mounted the HVAC controls in the glove box, see the pics above... I thought about the sunglasses holder, but that has other plans :)

thanks for all the comments, trust me there is much more on the way

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are about a million more things I do to my car every day

It seems that I can't enjoy the mods i put in because I am always doing the next one

stay tuned for many more things to come

·
Registered
8 Posts
i personally would of mounted the hvac controls in the center console, that way u can get at them when you need to rather than reaching across the car.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm 6'3".

Reaching across the car isn't such a big deal, plus the only people that want to use the a/c will be in the passenger side, since i always drive with the windows down.

thanks for you opinion though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts