Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

From Kia-World:

The company plans to present a gasoline-electric powered prototype, based on five door cee’d hatchback. The cee’d hybrid car is still in the stage of development and testing, so it’s full production run is not projected to start before the 2010.

Details about the cee’d gasoline-elctric hybrid car so far are very slim, but we were hinted that Kia plans to release the full details at the upcoming “Mondial de l’automobile”, which opens it’s doors on October 2nd.

If the cee’d hybrid is anyhow related to the Rio hybrid car, which sales was projected to commence in 2009, but was later postponed, then it will most likely feature a gasoline engine, mated to electric motor and a CVT (continuously variable transmission) gearbox. The cee’d hybrid will also be equipped with a computer-controlled stop/start system, which switches engine off whenever the car comes to a standstill for more than a few seconds. Several light-weight components to reduce the weight of the hybrid car will be implemented as well.

As you can see at these two images, the exterior, as well as the interior, has not been changed and only noticeable part that differs from a regular cee’d is it’s instrument panel, which features three digital instruments.

UPDATE: The cee’d hybrid is equipped with 1,6L petrol engine and 20 horsepower electric motor mounted on the engine’s crankshaft, which is used to increase power and provide regenerative braking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
^^haha, I wast thinking the opposite. Ugly car, but neat gauge/graphics layout

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Maybe I liked it in concept stage, dunno, but that car above (and the Cee'd production cars) are ugly as ugly can be. I hate everything behind the rear doors. Headlights look gross too. The hood/front window area makes me think of the Caliber, which I also passionately hate.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts