Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about posting this in the "Return of the wagon" thread but felt that thread was going in a different direction.

Hyundai is happy with the government, the president, and the new fuel economy standards.

Hyundai said:
05/22/2009 Hyundai Motor America enthusiastically supports the new U.S. government vehicle fuel economy and emissions standards announced on May 19, 2009 by President Barack Obama.
“Back in September, 2008, Hyundai was the first and only company to pledge to meet the new U.S. standards early,” said Hyundai Motor America President John Krafcik. “We fully support the President in this area.”

“Increasing fuel economy is vital on many fronts, not the least of which is giving customers cars that are even better for the environment and, in the long run, will save them money, as President Obama pointed out. It was on September 2, 2008, that Hyundai first promised to meet a 35 mpg average fuel economy standard by the year 2015, five years before the then current standard was to take effect. Hyundai remains committed to beating the new Federal timeline for fuel economy improvements,” said Krafcik.

In the coming years Hyundai will be introducing a broad variety of cars and CUVS featuring its “Blue Drive” technologies to achieve the ambitious new goal. These technologies will include gasoline-electric hybrid-powered vehicles, gasoline-direct injection (GDI) engines, high economy small displacement turbocharged powerplants, more six-speed transmissions and an all-new eight-speed transmission, improved aerodynamics, advanced materials and a whole host of other engineering advancements.

Today Hyundai has 8,000 engineers at R&D facilities in Michigan, California, Korea, India and Germany. Many of these men and women are dedicated to developing new technologies to lower emissions and improve fuel economy in all Hyundai vehicles.

These advanced technologies are already being incorporated in vehicles being built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, located in Montgomery, AL, where Hyundai currently builds more than half of the new cars and CUVs it sells in the United States.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
if its an 8speed, itll be an automatic.

Or at least id hope so, 8 speed manual would be tedious...

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
IIRC, the new law is only for cars built in the US, which is why it mentions the plant in AL

not like a couple of the cars still built over seas arent at/damn close to it already

·
Blue RD2
635 Posts
really more then 6speeds is too much and i personally dont even like 6speed cars. i would rather have more rev's spread across less gears. that way while your shifting i'm still making power in my last gear.

·
Crazy Imaginative
410 Posts
really more then 6speeds is too much and i personally dont even like 6speed cars. i would rather have more rev's spread across less gears. that way while your shifting i'm still making power in my last gear.
How about this? What about a 6speed, with the first 5 gears behaving like a 5speed, with a slightly taller 6th gear for the fuel economy on the highway?

Who here like's meh thinking?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts