Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The AC suddenly starts blowing hot/warm air, this happens randomly and when the air is warm there is an awefull smell. I have got the freons filled, deodourized the cabin and replaced the cabin filter. After 2 trips to the hyundai service center and 1 to a local kwik car shop the mechanic was able to tell me that it is not a mechanical problem. The electrician told me that the ECU has conked off and is $1800 to replace with new one (or $800 for used one). He says that the ECU is not able to read the signal from some pressure sensor (I dont understand this :confused: ).

Please help me with this issue :bowdown: .
Bests
Shravan

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
If you have too little refrigerant in the system, it will damage the compressor, so there is a pressure switch that will turn off the compressor if there is too little pressure. If the computer has a bad circuit, and can't read the sensor, it won't turn on the compressor, and you won't get cold air. If you don't have any electrical/repair experience, then it's hard for us to tell you how to check it yourself. But start the engine, turn on the A/C, and see if the compressor is turning. If it isn't, locate the pressure sensor on the a/c line. Disconnect the connector, and use a paperclip to jump the two pins together on the connector. If the compressor starts turning, then it's either a bad switch, or it's just low on freon (Did the smell only occur once it started blowing warm? It might be a freon smell, which would be indicative of a leaking evaporator in the dash). If the compressor still doesn't start turning, then you'll want to check power and ground at the connector. You should either have 12 volts, or 5 volts (depending on how the system works). If you don't, then we'll have to look at how the rest of the system works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.