Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get something in the mail about how the overstated the HP on our cars and now they are giving us money. We get either a $50 debit card or $100 dealer card. I think I'll get the dealer card and finally get my sway bar and possibly have a little extra money to offset the cost of pedals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anyone have any details on this as to which cars were overstated and how to get in touch with Hyundai if you own one?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Ronnie, are you sure that was a legit email (I know there had been some "fake" ones going around)? I highly doubt it considering this is over a year old at this point. Some people got extended warranties (and other things I think) but none of us were eligible because the percent of power loss wasn't high enough. Also, somehow I think they would use the USPS, not some email address, I've never received anything from Hyundai in the email.

David said:
Anyone have any details on this as to which cars were overstated and how to get in touch with Hyundai if you own one?
This happened a long time ago. They used to have a spot on their website (www.hyundaiusa.com) where you could enter your VIN and it would tell you if your vehicle was affected. Instead of 140 HP us XD owners actually have 135 HP, which doesn't make the car slower, because the car always had 135 HP.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Darn, wish I could still check on this. :p Oh well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would not mind getting some ca$h from HMA. Let us all know when it is 100% true.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Thanks for that link Rshack. Looks like I'm getting some money for my car and my girfriends 97 Accent.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
That's what I wanted to see. Seems legitimate now, we'll see. This is my favorite part:

24. The Person You Sent The Notice To Died, What Should I Do With This Notice?

If you are the beneficiary of the deceased person's estate, you may recover under this Settlement on his or her behalf. To do so, submit a copy of the death certificate and power of attorney or other legal documentation to show that you are authorized to act on behalf of the estate.

Stupid people dying and missing out on some free money.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
883 Posts
hmmm, what would u do, debit or dealer credit?
I just very recently bought everthing I needed from the dealer, so I would want debit. But then again dealer is $100 as opposed to $50. But that $50 could go towards anything, and dealers are too expensive anyways. decisions, decisions

·
Registered
108 Posts
where is the claim form that the website states? Is that something they send you? or do you have to take the steps to get them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Notice that you must submit a claim form to HMA before July 22 in order to receive a settlement credit. Also sounds like we won't actually get the credit until late this year. But free money is free money...whenever I get it.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
:clap: Yay - Money! now, WTF does the dealer have that I might want for a hundo? Any ideas (other than the usual tib pedals and sway bar)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I received that notice yesterday also. Looks like 99-02 Elantras (Group D). I have not decided whether to get the $50 debit card or the $100 dealer card.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts