Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm a newbie here and I'm glad to see there are other Hyundai enthusiasts gotta b honest I'm cheating with a Honda and I been thinking has any1 ever tried to put A vtec in one I have a 02 elantra and I have 2 02 Hondas one is an accord 5spd and one is a civic auto so my elantra is also a auto and it just dawned on me that might be cool.... Would it b a first or no?

·
That's Mr. Detail to you
728 Posts
I'd advise swapping a "V-Tec" into a Honda for several reasons:

1.) Such an idea is simply not cost effective. You already have 2 Hondas+an Elantra. Why would you want to pay out the wazoo for a 3rd Honda?

2.) Your 5 speed Accord would likely be faster than an 02 automatic V-tec swap Hyundai Elantra.

3.) V-Tecs make power in higher RPMs, if you stick to an auto transmission it may actually hurt performance more than help it. If you wanted it to help with power at all, you will need a new transmission whether it be manual or automatic.

If you are going to do an engine swap, go balls to the wall. ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
What is this, 2002?

Maybe he means swapping in a vtec solenoid and cams? Do you mean swap the vtec hardware into the elantra, or swap in an engine with vtec. You need to understand that there is the newer economy vtec, and the more performance oriented vtec that switches to a higher profile cam lobe at a certain rpm.

There is no "vtec" engine, but there are many. ex: D series, B series, K series, R series(economy vtec), J series, C series, and so on and so forth.

For the money that it will take to get a fully working 100% problem free swap done, you could buy a new civic Si.

Also, improve your grammar. Mine may not be perfect, but yours is atrocious, and no one will ever take you serious with typing like that.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Let us also not forget that the engine will not even come close to matching up with the tranny....different bolt patterns and different sides of the car.

·
lag, lag, lag, bye.
1,309 Posts
Hondas are gay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts