Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can all relax....transsexuals will be allowed to compete in the Olympics this year. However, if they're of the American variety they won't be allowed to wave their flag during medal celebrations. Say what? U.S. Olympic officials fear that demonstrations of American pride will be viewed as confrontational or insulting. So, the USOC is asking athletes to be at their PC best...denying they're citizens of the best country in the world. (Sorry, was that a "demonstration of pride?")
Why lie low & exercise restraint? Don't you think that we need to hold our heads high & exercise patriotism?

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Ummmm how many transexuals are actually on the Olympic team? They shouldn't have to hide anything but the whole transexual's in sports thing is another thing. How do you decide if it's a woman or a man, what is the technical deffinition, what is someone has some of both parts? What is the world coming to?

·
Registered
497 Posts
What if a guy is a mediocre athlete in his sport but he wants a medal so bad he changes his gender so he can compete against women and have a better chance to win a medel?

Should he be allowed to compete...IMO i dont think so.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
fuck it wave the flag.....we keep this whole damn plantet together we can wavem if we want. Thats bullshit.

·
Registered
880 Posts
NorthernYankee said:
What if a guy is a mediocre athlete in his sport but he wants a medal so bad he changes his gender so he can compete against women and have a better chance to win a medel?

Should he be allowed to compete...IMO i dont think so.

i say more power to him/her....will anybody really take that person seriously and will that victory/medal be as respected if the gender was changed just for the sake of winning? but on the second thought...maybe they could have separate competitions just like paralympics at the end of each olympic games

it's kinda like when in the field you're told to keep your head down or you'll get shot...will you stick it up just cuz you don't want to look scared? yeah the pride should be shown but do you want to be the one to take the hit? being a former athlete myself, i can also say that waving the flag or running the victory lap isn't the only way to show your pride. in fact those things may come off as taunting some times and that IMO is a way of assholes not winners. the recognition and pride and all that is shown when you're standing on the top of the pedestal, your county's flag is raised and your country's anthem is playing. isn't that enough?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts