Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finished putting my R34 kit on today! Updated Pics (Painted!!!!!!)

Well, It is all painted and put back on. Hope you like!
I'll leave the pics up from before it was painted incase someone didn't see them that wants to.
Looks like I will have to run for car of the month now.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
looks sweet how was the fit, i know some people where having fittament problems, but look good keep it up, how about a more close up shot

·
2004 Elantra GLS
80 Posts
that looks sweet, I wish I had the extra cash to do something like that, really changes the look of the car in a good way!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
How are you going to paint it? Are you doing one solid color, or the stripe around the bottom (like the picture of the yellow R34 kit with the black stripe). Install looks good from afar, how about some close up pics. Did you put it on yourself or have it installed?

·
Registered
262 Posts
do u have stock suspension???

if so how much did it lower car?
if u dont have stock suspension....what do u have and how do clearance issues look??

im planning on doing this kit eventually

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm having a buddy paint it on Saturday for $500. He works at a body shop and he is going to do it on the side for me.

I did put it on myself, and the sides didn't fit too well, I had to do a little trimming, and they still didn't turn out great.
The front fit pretty good, and the rear was decent. The rear didn't go quite as far around the sides as I wanted it to, but it is fine.

I'm just going to get the whole kit painted silver to match the car.

I can get up my driveway, but it sucks. Its a 3 car garage, so I have a lot of room to go up and down it at an angle.

I have Shark racing springs on it, so I don't have a lot of clearance. I just have to drive more carefully now. My muffler was really low before I even got the kit, so I'm used to trying not to scrape it. I will probably be taking it to a muffler shop this weekend also to get it raised up now that there is more room for it to go up.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I cant wait to see the finished pics....throw some paint on that bitch quick!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Looks good my man
looking at either this kit or couple others for my car within couple months
post pics when all painted - should look awesome

·
Romans 8:28
266 Posts
I think it would look awesome if you got it painted in a dark titanium silver. I just think the r34 kit looks better with some form of accent color on the outside.

It will look awesome either way though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bad news...
OK, so my muffler needs to be moved to the left a little bit because it is pushing up against my kit, and I want to raise it up a little bit since I have room to now. I tried to get it done while I had the body kit on unpainted, but the muffler shops couldn't get my car on their lifts. So my buddy who is painting the kit for me, painted the rear first so I could put it on and take it to the muffler shop and get that fixed today before I put on the rest of the kit. He got it painted, and I put it on, but by the time I went to the muffler shop, they didn't have enough time to do it.

So now I have to wait till Monday before I can put the rest on.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts