Huge azz employee discount

$10 more per month for insurance
and $90 more per month car payment.
$100 total more per month then I pay now for my XD

What would you do?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
hrmm.....I'd ditch the Xd in a hearbeat..well, hrmm, I say that....its a predicament. but think about this: you have a project mustang already, and you can do whatever the hell you want with it and it doesnt matter, because its not the car you depend on. The XD would certainly make a better parts chaser than the stang, and probably more comfortable for multiple people. there are a hell of alot more performance parts for the stang, which means that you know you're going to modify it, you cant resist, which in turn costs reliability.
I'd say to put the extra $100 per month towards paying off the XD. its more or less a crappy car, but I think most of the drivetrain will hold out longer than the mustang

·
Registered
851 Posts
You already have a Stang! Do you really want to put fuel into two hungry 8's?

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Hard to say man... the Mustang would be great if you can comfortably afford it. It's way out of the Elantra's league. Would you get the base GT, or lots of options?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Oh yeah, what would I do?
If it was me, I'd really like to own a Mustang, but I'm not owning anymore two doors, so I'd keep my Elantra.

·
Registered
281 Posts
mcmmotorsports said:
2004 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

$8,500 for my XD
$2,500 rebate
Huge azz employee discount

$10 more per month for insurance
and $90 more per month car payment.
$100 total more per month then I pay now for my XD

What would you do?
U hit it. U hit it with a stick.
how loaded?
either way if it's gt go for it v6 not worth it.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Jlivan said:
Crappy car???? I think not, and I know a couple of people here would think the same way.
hyundai cuts corners to make prices like they are. the seats in the elantra are a joke, they only lock into place half of the time. you get what you pay for (for the most part). I think the hyundai has a solid drivetrain though.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I agree with Super, wait for the newer body style if you are going to do it. Good luck either way.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I agree with Super, with the 05's coming out soon I would wait. Those look a lot better, even if it is the first of the new model and all the bugs aren't worked out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
the o5's are goign to have a huge markup for atleast 8months. Thats why I'm waiting till start of the 06 runn before I buy my 05. And roush should have the kit's put together for it then. :drive:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kyrol said:
the o5's are goign to have a huge markup for atleast 8months. Thats why I'm waiting till start of the 06 runn before I buy my 05. And roush should have the kit's put together for it then. :drive:
Not only markup, but aftermarket support as well. Why spend close to $30 for something that I can enjoy for $20K. I love the looks of the 05, but the timing right now calls for the 04. AND I WILL NOT REGRET THIS :D

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Wait for the 05-06. Store that extra $100 up for a bigger down payment. Once the new mustangs are out, 04 and below are gonna be like the 3rd gen camaro when gen 4 & 5 came around - they were looked down on severly. With you already having a toy mustang, you should keep your gas-saving reliability car. Since you KNOW if you get this car, you will 'play' with it. I know the lust for V8 is hard to resist (my last car was a Z28) but use some logic here. It would be cool, yes - but not a good idea.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Mustangs are a dime a dozen....just like Xds are. You are paying 100 per month more to have the same boring ass mustang thousands of other people have. Put that 100 per month in the XD and you have a very unique 1 of a kind XD. Thats what I would do. I wouldnt take a Mustang if it where the same momey!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
dude do like me keep the xd for daily driving use the other cars as a project car

1 - 20 of 55 Posts