Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, my wife and I are possibly moving to a little town called Crystal Lake. I believe it's about 40 minutes NW of Chicago.
Anyone from near there?
I've been a Texas boy all of my life and it would be a big change to move up there. It sounds like a cool little town with easy access to Chicago via train.
Anyway, that's my update.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
ive been to chicago a couple times. as easy as it "seems" to ride the train, the 2x i went, it seems driving was easier/quicker. i tried to get a way to go from arlington heights (30 min NW of chicago) where my hotel was to mccormick place (downtown) for HIN...well, the show was 5-midnight, to ride the train, i would have had to leave my hotel at like 2pm, go thru a series of trains and ****, then leave HIN at 1140, and get back to my hotel at like 530am.

OR i could spend 30 min each way driving, pay 15$ to park, and call it a day

·
Registered
751 Posts
No so little anymore ... it's growing pretty big nowadays. I was just up there for a wedding over the weekend and have some relatives that live in the downtown (read historic) area. I think it's pretty cool and the train is relatively quick into the city.

Brad

You will have to get used to the weather change... they say there only 2 season... winter and road work :)

·
G-Mills Pays tha Bills
585 Posts
Been up that way a few times, it's getting busier and busier up there. I still would rather drive into the city though, then I choose when I go home and not some train...

PEACE
dj arsonist

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Our mass transit system sucks. From the NW burbs, most people drive. I am far SW, so I don't know much about traffic during the rush from that side of town. Ever experienced a Chicago winter?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Crystal Lake is a nice area if you like boating and fishing and stuff like that. Metra is better than driving from that far out, I-90 is always at a standstill from 4pm-8pm.
Everywhere in the far suburbs of Chicago it's booming. New houses everywhere.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
As long as we're talking about I-90, I think the I-90/I-290/Rt-53 interchange may be the dumbest design on the planet. It's a miracle more people don't run into each other on a minute-by-minute basis.

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
I currently live off randall rd behind woodmans in New carpentersville, it is a very nice area. Lots of open road from what i have seen, i just made the move from michigan. Wondering when i will see some xd's rolling around in that area

·
Grenhorn
465 Posts
Hi and Welcome,you'll be seing some,moded ones?don't know about that,THERE IS NOT ENOUGH OF US IN ILLINOIS:(

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am in chicago on the northwest side of the city. If anyone has to come in from the west or go out west during heavy traffic Higgins (route 72) is the best. it runs pretty much parallel to 90 in the city it stops at about 5400 west, but it goes out past woodfield.

There are a helluva lot of XD's here but I have only seen one that someone wanted to mod. Sadly from what I could tell all he had was stickers...

·
Registered
70 Posts
i live in schaumburg and yea 90 is horrible during the day i take 290 usually to the south loop when i go downtown.. but thats usually at like 11pm on my motorcycle and it takes me a whole 20 min to get down there :D

anyways hope to see you good luck!!

and we also need a hyundai meet i wanna see how you all modded your rides

Tim

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's a well maintained area. Kind of an upscale town compared to the rougher towns in the area like Aurora and Elgin. Nice place up there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts