Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i picked up a 2001 elantra for pretty cheap. it has a greddy evo2 exhaust , carbon fiber wing and hood white face gauges and a cai. my issue is i ordered a full body graphic kit off of getlaunched.com i got the kit. im going to tackle putting these monsters on but the question i have is the door like anti ding strips. in the middle of the door to prevent dents etc. do i have to remove them strips? if so i see that the strips are indented in the doors! ughhh. do i have to fill those indents in?? can someone please put me in the right direction? This Forum is SWEET!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Welcome. Though I'm not sure if you want to put the graphics over/under the strips or remove them and fill them, somebody will be along with the answer. It may be helpful to know if you have a sedan or hatch, as that will dictate the color of the strips on the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
CF wing? I'm skeptical. Welcome... but remember: The best rice is Uncle Ben's... not your car.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
I need pics of the car and the graphics as well. It's not an easy task to put graphics on properly. Get a felt squeege a spray bottle of soapy water and a heat gun. You are gonna need at least one other person to help you with the install.

·
Registered
604 Posts
the door trims can be removed, but need to be filled due to the indent and the clip holes, the best way would to weld a peice of sheet metal in the indent, but I used kitty hair, or some may call it bondo glass, with heavy glass fibers in it. this has worked out great and was quick and painless, and has lasted 2 years (winter included) that will give you the cleanest look for your graphics I would think.

graphics are best put on with soapy water and a squeegie, clean the area , then soap it up, get a friend to help and place the graphics in place, when all is done and the graphics are in place with zero air bubbles, use a heat gun or hair dryer and squeegie and remove the moisture, this will enhance the life of the graphics.

I added a pic so you can see it without the trim. this picture is just primer so if you look close you can see the trim location still.

Don't worry about the rice haters here, lol as long as your happy with it, that is all that matters. post up a pic of your ride and the graphics.

Mark,

Attachments

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Good luck man! Listen to whatever advice Sly can give you here as he does this for a living, and deffinitely have a second person to help! I didn't do full body graphics, but it still took 2 people to get it done right.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Normally when we do full graphics, we lay the graphics over the molding, and use the heat to stretch over the gaps. getlaunched.com sells some really nice graphics. But for the most part, alot of the kits they sell aren't for the do it yourselfer and definitely not a first timer.

MTVslick- I can still see where you filled the gaps with the bondo

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
you have a cf hood and wing, im sure we all really want to see that. post up some pics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have no idea how to upload pictures im pretty sure the profile picture work but it says upload url i only have them on my computer not on a site.....Thanks for the info but someone said remove the strips and fill them in and someone said put them over it.....the graphics are getlaunched.com under car graphics go to tribal 2 click on tribal 2 go all the way to the bottom its the last one it says tribal side vinyl graphics kit one..

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
well I just typed up a step by step guide to help you out with this, and den Chrome crashed on me. So I will re type it up tonight for you when I'm done with my chores.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
woah, thats the blackest tail lights iver ever seen
and that hood is hottt

·
Registered
604 Posts
Normally when we do full graphics, we lay the graphics over the molding, and use the heat to stretch over the gaps. getlaunched.com sells some really nice graphics. But for the most part, alot of the kits they sell aren't for the do it yourselfer and definitely not a first timer.

MTVslick- I can still see where you filled the gaps with the bondo
hahaha, I said that in my post, the day that pic was taken we had just put primer on it and were not finnished, its fiberglass fibers mixed with bondo, more so fiberglass really, had to do a final filling a few weeks later.

[/COLOR]

How do you like that hood style? and yes that is one hell of a dark set of taillights, lol your local police will probably nail you for those.

Mark,

---------- Post added 03-08-2010 at 09:03 PM ----------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts