Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so earlier today I took out my dash...my big dash. And I needed to drive home, so I hook in my speedometer, and set it on the metal bar that sits across the body (those who haven taken apart the dash know what i'm talking about) Anyway, the back of speedometer is exposed circutboard, so after about 5 minutes of driving, i hear 2 loud electrical pops, and (this is at night and my lights are on) the LEDs on the display of my speedomemter die. not the P R N...or the blinkers...or my airbag light, but just the panel. My speed reads 0, my rpms read 0, my gas seems empty, and my engine is..you get the idea. I know it's because something touched something it shouldnt, but also...my windows wont roll up. my controls dont work anymore, either.
Of what went out and what didnt, I almost KNOW it to be a fuse...or two...or three. How can I check to see which ones went out? And how do I go about replacing them? My windows are down and my car is parked outside in the middle of the night...argh...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The fuses are behind the coin box to the left of the steering column at knee level. Open the coin box then pull it straight out of the dash towards you. You'll see the fuses! Should be a diagram on the back of the coin box that tells you which fuse does what. Blown fuses are pretty easy to diagnose, if the metal strip in the top is broken, is no good! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts