Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to drive my elantra off a cliff, can't sell it for squat! F'ing car.

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
My sister wrecked her 03 gls with 114k miles about a week ago....gettng $5k for it as TMV...you should get atleast that in private sale...are u llooking to get a new(er) car from any dealers? (ie. trade it in)...

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I'm in the same boat Felex.... prejudice is still strong against Hyundai. ****.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/robertvidot/?action=view&current=05elantra007.jpg
http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/robertvidot/?action=view&current=05elantra006.jpg
http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/robertvidot/?action=view&current=05elantra011.jpg
22k miles,5spd,some mods,hardly ever using it and now its worthless!

---------- Post added 11-28-2010 at 06:15 PM ----------

My sister wrecked her 03 gls with 114k miles about a week ago....gettng $5k for it as TMV...you should get atleast that in private sale...are u llooking to get a new(er) car from any dealers? (ie. trade it in)...
$5k for a 114k miles car is really good! next car will be vw turbo sumtin, its ashame i will have to use this fine specimen of GT elantra as my beater.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
What did you expect? Cars with low original prices have low resale prices. That's how it works. The money you save on the original purchase you don't get back on resale.

And having mods scares some people off. Remember, your taste is not the same as everyone elses.

·
2003 Elantra Owner
3,782 Posts
I think that people looking for a family sedan / commuter car doesn't really care much about the car. They are not going to specifically pick out a Hyundai Elantra and start searching for that specific car. They want to find the best deal and see what options all cars can offer (looking for a comparison shopping), easiest payment options (someone that will let them drive off with the car and do all the paperwork for them), maybe some safety concerns and certifications / warranty. The best place to get all this in one package is at a dealership. The only people interested in private sales are cheapos looking for the cheapest option they can possibly find and collectors looking for something special. Hyundais are not highly collectible.

I would hold on to the car. You'll never get what you feel it's worth. Even if someone likes the car, they are just going to wait it out till you get desperate and drop the price.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Most people looking for that kind of car usually has no interest in a car if it has mods. Most, not all. Same for it being a Manual and not an Automatic IMO. Good luck with the sale man.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
I'm going through a divorce and had to sell the 2007 Elantra to the dealership but I had to yank the system out of it, I ended up getting 6k for it so I think that is pretty good. I just wanted to get rid of it so I didn't really make any money but yeah, I think if you have moderate mods then u can sell it but if it's all hooked up they are probably not going to buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts