Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FUCKIN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

i installed mine tonight, i'll have pix up soon, all i can say is that it REALLY tightens things up in the rear, deff worth my $120 bucks. it feels sooo much better in turns, even tho i have my H&R springs, i havent had them installed yet...so this is first suspension mod so far, if your on a budget, and wanting to build suspention, do this mod first!

just a note, the OEM XD sway bar, has freakin plastic endlinks, kinda defeats the perpous of having a sway bar at all!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Not all XD's came with Plastic endlinks...most of the original XD's had Metal endlinks...and for the Stock Sway bar platic ones are fine.

But I have to agree Sway bar is a must have upgrade.

--NY

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's the next mod I'm buying... once I replenish the funds after the recent income tax. Though it'll be just one more mod sitting on my bedroom floor waiting for me to install.

·
Registered
156 Posts
No, an alignment shouldn't be needed if all you are doing is installing the bar.

So long as the suspension stays mounted to the hub, and to the strut tower, then all is well...

·
-
471 Posts
Well, my parts did arrive today...

...and I popped them on this afternoon. Easy job on a new car.

Prior to the mod, the car felt vague and unsettled in corners, which I mistakenly blamed on the lack of feel from the over-boosted steering. With the Tib sway bar installed, the difference in the handling is every bit as dramatic as others have indictated. Body roll is substantially reduced, the car responds much quicker to steering inputs and it feels much better balanced in the corners. It's a blast! I highly recommend this mod.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah man, i got mine in mail yesterday, and me and one friend ( flash light guy ) put it on in under an hour.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
I still have to do the sway bar on mine :redface: I feel leftout

·
Registered
687 Posts
Black04XD2 said:
I still have to do the sway bar on mine :redface: I feel leftout
THEN DO IT :D Its one of the best mods for the buck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
couldn't of said it better O GT , its one of the best mods for the buck!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ronnie, all you need is the bar itself and the bushings.

·
-
471 Posts
Part numbers

sway bar = 55511-2C000 (list $86.47)
bushing = 55513-2C110 (list. $10.59 ea)
endlink = 55530-29500 (list $29.94)

Bargain a bit with your dealer and you should be able to get the price down. Either that or contact Jay Montigny. He sells the complete kit for $125, so the bar and bushings should be well under $100.

·
Registered
108 Posts
iam going to wait until i get that settlement money hyundai is giving to do this!! WHHOOHOO!! thank you hyundai!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I defiantly agree, It was a cheep simple DIY and i does make a big difference. No alignment is needed however you add a little more camber to the rear if you would like to. There is a little bit of room allowed by the fairly mile factory setting.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts