Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright in my area i dont see many modded or even slighty modded XDs. Tonight i was getting off of i57 onto a a local street called saulk trail and saw a Red gt 01-03 hatch that looked to be lowered and have 17's on it. Just wondering if that was anyone from here ? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,223 Posts
It could have been 2GTS. He has a red XD hatch, lowered on 17s. I saw him at a stoplight once in Downers Grove. Saw you (txdproject) at I55 & RT30. Other than that, I've never seen anyone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
theres are quite a few modded j2's and xd's out here in rockford.


INCLUDING!!!! a black XD turbo!!! just found out about it, very nice car. hope to get a few pics soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,223 Posts
There's an XD turbo in rockford? And the owner's not a member of this site? I'm in Rockford about once a month. My wife and I have friends and family in the Rockford/Belvidere/Machesney Park area. She's originally from Poplar Grove.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
ill get info some day. theres also a pizza delivery guy for sams pizza on riverside in loves park that drives a slammed as low as me J2 elantra with some chrome 17's and a bunch of work done to it
 

·
Player to be named later
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
You guys definitely need to get a meet going. We started a local DFWHyundais website, and we have monthly meets now (though I haven't been to one lately :( ). It can be fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Only modded xd's I've seen around here are a beige sedan (I think a member here with 17's and h badges replaced at taco bell) a black hatch with 17's and exhaust with a black girl driving, 2GTS driving up the hill at Four Lakes while I was waiting at the light, and a silver sedan with 17's and some kind of exhaust with pennsylvania plates. I saw a black sedan with out of state plates and a glass pack a few months back.

Mine's not really modded anymore, I took my intake out until I get it to the dealer for some stuff. But I always try to play with Elantras with young people driving around here.
 

·
scared like cheese
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
txdproject said:
Alright in my area i dont see many modded or even slighty modded XDs. Tonight i was getting off of i57 onto a a local street called saulk trail and saw a Red gt 01-03 hatch that looked to be lowered and have 17's on it. Just wondering if that was anyone from here ? :confused:
That was me, I was going to my grandma's in Park Forest. I haven't done much with the car lately or been around here. I've been spending most of my time and money on biking.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,223 Posts
2GTS said:
That was me, I was going to my grandma's in Park Forest. I haven't done much with the car lately or been around here. I've been spending most of my time and money on biking.
Pedal or motor? I'm just now trying to figure out what events (pedal) I'm going to ride this year. If I remember, you were into mountain biking, right? I ride road mainly. Anywhere around us have anything decent for MTB?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2GTS said:
That was me, I was going to my grandma's in Park Forest. I haven't done much with the car lately or been around here. I've been spending most of my time and money on biking.
lol i live in park forest and i saw ya heading down sauk trail to the highway

hyunelan2 said:
Pedal or motor? I'm just now trying to figure out what events (pedal) I'm going to ride this year. If I remember, you were into mountain biking, right? I ride road mainly. Anywhere around us have anything decent for MTB?
Midnight bike ride chicago... Try to do it every year... 24-26 miles
 

·
Shadow Ninja
Joined
·
353 Posts
Only modded Elantras i've seen here in michigan usually have the tinted windows and rims. Anyone on this form that lives near wixom/commerse/milford area that works for little ceasers, white GLS?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,223 Posts
txdproject said:
Midnight bike ride chicago... Try to do it every year... 24-26 miles
I've heard of it, never looked into it though. Right now I'm planning to do "bike the drive" in May (when they close down lake shore drive and you can ride it). The MS-150 in June (150 miles), The Melon Metric in July (102 miles), and the Psycho Century in August (108 miles).

24-26 miles wouldn't get in the way of anything, that's typically what I ride after work during the week.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top