Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some time away from modding (life); but I began modding it again and forgot to update my profile and such. I will take some pictures of what I have done so far and explain what will come in a few days.

I did some exhaust mods to start, then got tired of waiting on my buddy at his place so I could use the welder; so now I have one and redesigned the exhaust few times. Added a long tube header but shortly after I decided to turbo the XD instead of my '97 Corolla because it needs more love before it can get a turbo.
I then bought an AEM FIC-6 and wired it up building a separate harness with auto connectors. I wanted to know I could control things properly before putting anything else on the car. After a little trouble with the integrated IAT/MAP sensor wires I got the sensors logging.

now I'm collecting cheap parts to mock the build up here soon. I'm going cheap because money sucks and I just want to learn how to tune properly on this first motor; I will build another after I know what I'm doing.

I'm getting excited to piece it all together the hard way and learn with the help of others; much better than spending too much and handing the project over to a garage and spending more and not learning in the end.

Right now I am rebuilding, down to short block, a Subaru H6 from my girlfriend's Tribeca. She is driving the XD for now so I'll have to wait while I collect more parts to see what will go where and what may need worked.

I'll try and keep things more updated now that I have a dedicated working garage and not doing driveway stuff anymore.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nice to see you back. I can't wait to see what you do. There are still a few XDer's on here. Not many left, but some. The few that are here will be happy to see your progress.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
I second., Photooos!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to see you back. I can't wait to see what you do. There are still a few XDer's on here. Not many left, but some. The few that are here will be happy to see your progress.
been reading post on here since 2005, still have my 05 gt only 40k

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah its nice to hear about your mods

1 - 6 of 6 Posts