Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out my IM yesterday and today i noticed that when i'm stopped i can feel the engine vibration in the brake petal. it might of been here for a while but i don't think it has. tommorrow i'm gonna crawl under the car and check a few things. mainly the IM supports. Also i held the brake and reved up the car and i don't notice it at higher than idle rpms. any ideas?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in all new gaskets and torqued everything the 15lbs. both me and a friend checked and double checked and all the vacuum lines are on.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Go to your local autoparts store, and get a can of Berryman's B-12 Carb Cleaner. Start the car, and spray a small amount around the IM in different areas. If the idle rises, then you know you have a leak. Don't drown the IM in the cleaner, just kind of mist it over it. Also, make sure you go around the whole thing. If you have a vaccum leak, this is the easiest way to find it.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I have been experiencing a vibration/hesitation, I feel it in my seat and clutch pedal. Once I opened the hood and saw the engine moving when the vibration was strong. I am taking it in today, my thoughts are that it's either the plug wires, timing belt or the ECU flash. But thanks for the heads up on the vaccum leak. I'll have to check on that myself. I'll let you know what mine is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts