Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Oil filter should be changed every 3000 with the oil. Air filter is 10000-15000 (I think?) I have a K&N that I clean regularly, so someone else will have to answer. It is listed in your service book that came with your car.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
you guys have never seen a menu of recommended service? maybe its just us guys who have worked in a dealership. Ok here you go:

3000 miles :
first oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids.

6000 miles:
oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, rotate tires, balance if needed

9000 miles:
oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids

12000 miles:
oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, rotate tires

15000 miles:
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, check spark plugs, check spark plug wires, transmission service, coolant check, replace air filter and wiper blades

18000 miles
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, rotate tires

21000 miles:
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids

24000 miles:
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, rotate tires

27000 miles:
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids

30000 miles:
Oil change, check and adjust all belts, top off all fluids, auto tranny service (every 15), pcv replacement, spark plug replacement, check wires, replace wiper blades, coolant service, replace air filter, balance tires, manual tranny service (recommended every 30), rear diff service.

Lather rinse repeat every 3000, a 45000 is a 15000, a 60000 is a 30000 etc etc

shawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ok mr.smarty pants heres an opinion question for ya. I've got 65,600 on the ticker right now, should I go ahead and get the timing belt done? What are your thoughts on the recomended mileage for that major service, especially in light of all the mods I have.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
absolutley, when you have the mods you have, you def want to change the timing belt. Unfortunately, if the belt breaks major damage will occur...

Its a 60k item, do it. Espesially because you rev harder and faster than stock, meaning you put more stress on the belt than if you had kept it stock.

The timing belt is NOT a hard job to do on our cars. I promise

shawn :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts