Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I got the o.b.x. headers and b=pipe with the flex pipe in it.
Now I need the rest. I’ve been looking at the evofusion exhaust. I really like the look of it but I don’t want to spend $350-$475 for some shiny pipes. I really just like the easy install of the whole set up.
If any one has a used one for sell I’d be willing to take it off your hands.
Or if you think I should just get a custom exhaust with a Magna Flow or Flow Master universal exhaust feel free to give me your opinions based on your experience.
I also have seen one picture with an exhaust that come out the passenger side just behind the back tire that were twin tip. Very nice but nowhere can I find this system to buy.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
You can't find most of them because they are custom. I had a custom 2.25" catback. Hated the buzz, hated the resonance that seeped into your brain when driving farther than 20 miles. You really have 2 options:

Buy the evofusion
Have on built for you.

Either way, don't forget the cat, even though it probably won't matter and you'll likely still end up with a constant CEL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the greddy evofusion 2 catback on my ride. i may be parting out this thing. if so can i count you as interested for the greddy exhaust?

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have the greddy evofusion 2 catback on my ride. i may be parting out this thing. if so can i count you as interested for the greddy exhaust?
i just may be. keep me informed and send pic's and price. i really dont want the cat at all. even if its high flow. i dont have to worry about emissions. and if you can could you send a video/audio of the exhaust sound that would be great. thanks

---------- Post added 03-09-2010 at 10:07 AM ----------

You can't find most of them because they are custom. I had a custom 2.25" catback. Hated the buzz, hated the resonance that seeped into your brain when driving farther than 20 miles. You really have 2 options:

Buy the evofusion
Have on built for you.

Either way, don't forget the cat, even though it probably won't matter and you'll likely still end up with a constant CEL.
You hated the sound of the custom? ok I’m not all in turn with all of the car lingo. this is what I’m picturing. you have the original cat on and from the cat back you had custom built. and you hated the sound of it. right?

Or from and including the headers back you had build custom?

As of right now this is my set up.
o.b.x. headers (last set I’ll ever buy, don’t buy o.b.x.-its crap) and the o.b.x. b-pipe with the flex pipe on it. so I don’t have either cat. the main big one that sits in front of the engine just behind the radiator. or the little cat under the car behind engine. I still have the stock pipe with the resonator one it and the stock muffler. my CEL is on but I’ve had it check to make sure it was just the O2 sensor. I’ve been looking for a o2 simulator. I know they make them. I just have to find the right one. my buddy’s MR2 no longer throws the CEL for the o2 after we hooked up the o2 simulator.

·
Noob (play gunbound?)
1,336 Posts
I've had a 2.25" custom cat back to magnaflow SS for about 5 years now. Love it when I'm not driving on the highway. It's not that loud, but I'm old. If you were near Vancouver, BC, I would offer to trade it for your stock exhaust (+labor). I definately felt it in the butt dyno though. It's definitely not Civic Bee Buzzing rice like. Nice deep tones

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
I can't imagine the buzz you must have with that setup.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
I have a header (type unknown) with no cats going into a stock resonator and muffler it's ridiculously quiet.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Why would you bother with a header and its CEL when you hae the most restrictive part of the exhaust still on the car? Boggles the mind how *** backwards people **** **** up. I mean seriously.. why would you ****ing **** up the cats and deal with the ****ing ****er of a ***** CEL to get no gains? ****ing ****ed up **** there ****ers.

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes I hate the buzz I’m getting now that’s one of the main reasons I’m looking to buy an exhaust system now and not wait like I planed too.

---------- Post added 03-10-2010 at 02:52 PM ----------

Why would you bother with a header and its CEL when you hae the most restrictive part of the exhaust still on the car? Boggles the mind how *** backwards people **** **** up. I mean seriously.. why would you ****ing **** up the cats and deal with the ****ing ****er of a ***** CEL to get no gains? ****ing ****ed up **** there ****ers.
Your absolutely right senior douche I saw no gains. come on man give me a break "no gains" you can't be serious.
First off read the header to this thread "in need of an exhaust" WTF do you think I’m looking to get a new ****ing CAT. **** a CAT **** emission control **** green peace and most of all mother**** ****ing Al Gore,
The CEL is a light, by it being on and throwing the code P0420 or P0430 that it is. It is not hurting the performance at all. besides I’m getting a simulator to take care of that little light. and with all that I’m planning on doing there will be allot more CEL to fool along with the computer.
I don’t have all the time I want to spend under my car nor the money to do it. this project of mine is going to take years little by little I buy parts and upgrade my car. so if you don't have any constructive criticism or advice to the question asked. don’t give any.

·
POwned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
installed my EVOFusion Cat back exhaust today. so O.B.X. 4-2-1 headers & b-pipe into cat back EF exhaust. very nice sound you can really hear the smooth flowing air throughout the engine. Very Nice. good tone
no cat at all.
this thread may be closed
pictures to come on my page

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
so you have NO cats in the exhaust at all? None?

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
so you have NO cats in the exhaust at all? None?
looks to be that way.

Bob, as for my setup with the stock piping and muffler with the header, It came that way from the previous owner. I do have the OEM manifold to go back on but I need to get the flexpipe section so I can go to the shop and have a new system welded on. I just don't know what to do about the muffler.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
if yo're using the stock resonator that opens the flood gates for mufflers. It'll keep the resonance down to a tolerable level. I'm amazed at how uninformed some people are.... "Let's put a header on the stock exhaust, that'll be RICETASTIC!!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
if yo're using the stock resonator that opens the flood gates for mufflers. It'll keep the resonance down to a tolerable level. I'm amazed at how uninformed some people are.... "Let's put a header on the stock exhaust, that'll be RICETASTIC!!" :rolleyes:
Every thing you just sed is true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts