Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you ever worry about posting all the modifications you make to your car in your sig? For example - that someone living down the street can take a look on this site - see the mods you have in pics and things that you list and want to break in a take the stuff or take the car for a joy ride? I understand that's why alot of us mask the license plate but in some cases we have very unique cars that would be hard to miss in the neighborhood and people would know the car regardless - not to mention if we have the actual website on the car itself - it's like a direct link. Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I have thought about this, but I really think that if someone is going to snipe your mods or your car itself, then they aren't going to do it because of a website. I know that my car can be heard from a long distance, (ford can attest to that :) ) so someone living near me can easily tell that I have a decently modded car. Now, they aren't going to know everything I have sure, but when you have to pull out into traffic really quick and chirp first and second they are going to have a good idea of whats going on.

so to sum up, I don't post my mods in my sig cause thats not my style, but I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.

shawn:0

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I have no worries about that, like someone said if they want to steal it they will and that's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
880 Posts
if anything i think it makes more sence not to list the mods if you're worried about warranty repairs. i've heard that some manufacturers/dealers have thier people go to the track and take notes on whom they see there and when people come for any sort of warranty repairs they get turned down (this was mentioned on the old site i think). the same could apply to forums...maybe? i'm just too lazy or don't anything that worth noticing or bragging about that's why i don't have anything listed. just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
lord help the guy who steals my hubcaps!

:bondage:

don't ask what that smiley has to do with the post...it's just kinda cool that way.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
LoL, the only thing that worries me about getting my car jacked is the stuff I keep in my car. My car is insured but the little things in it aren't. I could careless about my system since it was pretty much free... but I have a half pack of gum, about $10 in loose change, a kewl pocket knife I got from the flea market yesterday, and my skewl binder I bought off a wandering salesman for $22 that can never be replaced :(... if somebody was nice enough to steal my car but leave all the "crap" in a paper bag I keep in the backseat I wouldn't be mad if it got stolen. :werd: (<-- My new favorite smiley)

EDIT- Oh yeah, and my Tib pedals and leather shift knob... if you could leave them in the bag I'd appreciate it... you can keep the BB/Paintball gun under the passanger seat if you do. :D

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
you have some problems if you come after me for my mods..... Not much to steal...

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
personally if you break into my car you better take e v e r y t h i n g, if not I WILL find whoever did it, and kill them. its mine not yours, if you want it,ask nice I might be so inclined to give it to you.... :D

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
No... I don't worry about that. I don't think anyone is going to steal my car. And hopefully nobody will even steal the stereo since I always take the face off.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Most people I know that take the face off their stereo, just throw it under the seat. I think taking it off draws attention to your car, especially if you have one of those lights that flashes when the face is removed.

Anyway, I don't think anyone's out to steal elantras for parts listed in signatures. I also don't think dealers are scouring the internet to see who's modifying their cars. It's more beneficial to post your mods so that others know who to ask questions to, such as "how did you put ____ on?"

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
if they are gonna steal they will steal I dont think a list will make it any different

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im not too concerned. Remember its a Hyundai not a BMW. I don't have a thousand bucks in audio eqpt, or a grand in rims and tires to make it stand out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2BIT said:
Im not too concerned. Remember its a Hyundai not a BMW. I don't have a thousand bucks in audio eqpt, or a grand in rims and tires to make it stand out.
even still, i wouldn't give a damn. i used to have some pretty fancy rims and tires, but didn't worry about them being stolen.

*gasp* maybe someone out there knows that i have snow tires in my garage!

just relax xtra...don't detract from the enjoyment you're having with all the mods. let it ride...if you were honestly worried about losing cash, you wouldn't have invested money into a car.

·
Registered
687 Posts
baboon said:
if you were honestly worried about losing cash, you wouldn't have invested money into a car.
well said

·
Registered
384 Posts
Considering that I paid about half what my car books for, having my elantra stolen would be pretty sweet. I'd make a nice profit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts