Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just the facts please ...
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Hyundai 290cc injectors flow tested and cleaned today and discover some interesting things.

For one, they are not 290cc injectors! They're 310cc or 30lbs/hr injectors. The part number for these are #35310-38010. Maybe because they came off a Kia Sedona with a V6, who knows ...

The way there tested is with an automatic tester. First they replaces the screen on top and adds new o-rings, then they go on the machine.

The machine measures Ohms, voltage drop, spray pattern and milliliters per minute, among other things. They first run them at a simulated 500rpm all the way up to 9000rpm, at 85% duty cycle, this is with 3 bar or 43.5 PSI fuel pressure.

They then crank the pressure up to 90psi, 90% duty cycle and 9000rpm to see if the coils over heat and freeze up. All this for $12.50 per injector. Since I bought them for $30, then spent $60 on cleaning ... I still got a deal. I know how they perform and what there capable of.

Another thing ... these can't be modified to flow more, unless you crank up the PSI, since there a one piece design.

This is the results @ 85% duty cycle - 3 bar/43.5 PSI:

14.7 ohms
7.60 voltage drop
77 milliliters

14.7 ohms
7.59 voltage drop
78 milliliters

14.6 ohms
7.60 voltage drop
77 milliliters

14.6 ohms
7.58 voltage drop
78 milliliters

Well within OEM Specs. The guy who did the work is called "Big Dave" Werlinger and his business is called called Doctor Injector of Tacoma. Nice guy very willing to talk and a nice clean shop ... I will be back. www.docinjector.com

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
are you sure that translates to 30lbs/hr?

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats what he said, 310cc / 30 PPH (Pounds Per Hour), and its written on the report. Google says 1 milliliter = 1 cc ... hmmm ... I was assuming the milliliter was per minute ... I'll call him and get some answers, as now I'm confused on what that measurement means.

The injectors came from a 2002 KIA SEDONA 3.5L. they had 6 for $50, so I offered $30 for 4 of them ... and I won

Edit: Just talked to him and it is milliliters per minute, but its a calculated measurement ... 1/f ??? But the 310cc rating is correct ... and he guarantees it.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
"To convert cc / min to lbs. / hr. - Divide by 10.5"

good deal dude. not running much boost are you? or dual rails?

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
Where did you get them tested? I am in the same area you are (surprized we haven't ran into each other) and might get mine tested for ****s and giggles.

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm shooting for the dual rail kit. Keeping the stock ones in place and using these cleaned ones as the secondaries. Will be running 10 PSI on stock compression, with the SMT6

Where did you get them tested? I am in the same area you are (surprized we haven't ran into each other) and might get mine tested for ****s and giggles.
The guy who did the work is called "Big Dave" Werlinger and his business is called "Doctor Injector of Tacoma". His site is www.docinjector.com

He just moved to a new place on at 56th street and Proctor, next to Zyggi's Auto Shop.

Tell him Greg with the Kia sent you ...

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
bah 10psi? do 15!

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
just get it up and running first...then start messing with it...

almost any hyundai (that i have tested) will plug into our harhness...they use all of the same connectors....hell half of the mitsu injectors use the same harhness...

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
I'm shooting for the dual rail kit. Keeping the stock ones in place and using these cleaned ones as the secondaries. Will be running 10 PSI on stock compression, with the SMT6

The guy who did the work is called "Big Dave" Werlinger and his business is called "Doctor Injector of Tacoma". His site is www.docinjector.com

He just moved to a new place on at 56th street and Proctor, next to Zyggi's Auto Shop.

Tell him Greg with the Kia sent you ...
I know the area well... not too far from the old Mount T high school...

You should drop by Bills Tune-up and Dyno on across the street from Lincoln High School. We rent 3 bays in the back (got too many cars to work on....) and see if Brit can do a dyno run.

·
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll drive by today and check it out ... thanks.

KewlKat:
I don't get this thread. I got all my aux. injectors tested on such a machine too but I didn't start a thread about it.... lol

Congrats I guess.
Did yours come out to be 290cc or 310cc?

·
Ninja Super Mod
17,346 Posts
I actually got some different ones. Ask denis for EXACT specifics but as far as I know he told me they are some kind of Delphi injectors, they came out to be around 260cc +- 4 cc each, which is totally good.

I especially loved them because of the spraying pattern, there are 6 holes that spin while shooting fuel, and when the injectors would come back down in the duty cycle, you could clearly see the sprays, and it was a cool little thing to see :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts