Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Injen SRI for V6 tib. As u know I have a 04 XD. So I am just wondering if it would fit. Since the area that the filter sits in is tight, and the XD seems to have a smaller opening. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Why bother spending the extra $$ for a name brand short ram when you can get an identical intake for a civic off ebay for $30. If you really want the Injen I'm sure it would work but you might want to have the hacksaw ready for a trim just in case.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ya but if the girlies can't see the money hanging off your car how will they know you're blingin? You might say "well it's under the hood they won't see it anyway" Yeah well that's why i always drive with my hood up, i just stick my head out the window and install some rubber gaskets on the winshield for when it hits the car at highway speeds.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i have an 04 elantra gt and i am looking to get a sri somtime soon so please let me know if you have come up with a solution for our cars

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
actually..the Injen SRI is much more then just a cone filter to put on the end of the MAF. For the tib it actually puts the filter next to the battery right above to opening in the fender. Also, the bends are different for the tib and XD...4doorGL tried it on Autobots car and it would not work. I"m waiting to get the 04 2.0 Tib back from AEM so I can ask them to take on the XD.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
why bother with a sri, I used one made for a civic, and chopped it to custom fit so that the cone rested where the air box use to be. The filter just drew in warm air from the engine. You still got more air but, it was warm air, the car felt sluggish and unresponsive, the stock air box did a better job. Get a cold air it works better.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
wonder how long will it take to figure out? btw did i tell you i luv the way your tiburon looks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts