Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my stock clutch replaced under warranty I had my fidanza flywheel installed along with it. Now im going to install a clutchmasters stage 3, and I dont want to pay anyone to do it for me. I have a pretty good knowlege of vehicles, I am just wondering if I will run into any major snags along the way with our cars? Just a question because installing a header on the betas, as we know, was more painful than it should be. I will be putting my flywheel in also, that is if its in good shape still. Any help would be great, thanks all.

Donnie

·
Registered
371 Posts
slow 2K2GT said:
When I had my stock clutch replaced under warranty I had my fidanza flywheel installed along with it. Now im going to install a clutchmasters stage 3, and I dont want to pay anyone to do it for me. I have a pretty good knowlege of vehicles, I am just wondering if I will run into any major snags along the way with our cars? Just a question because installing a header on the betas, as we know, was more painful than it should be. I will be putting my flywheel in also, that is if its in good shape still. Any help would be great, thanks all.

Donnie

hmm... Don't know how you had trouble installing a header on the beta... hell, that was easier than installing header on my honda... Clutch is pretty simple install I hear, I'll be doing my install in a few days, I think the biggest thing is you gotta make sure you allign it properly and replace the throw-out baring...

·
Registered
687 Posts
on mine we droped the subframe made it very easy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wasn't someone suppose to have done a FYI on this awhile ago. What ever happen to that? I don't want to pay someone for work that I can to without needing tools I don't have but I don't want to try something of this magnitude without at least seeing apicture or two of how it is down.

·
Registered
497 Posts
O_GT said:
on mine we droped the subframe made it very easy
Can you elaborate on how you did this, cause when I replaced my clutch it was a PITA.

--NY

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tricked said:
I agree. Dropping the sub-frame will allow you to drop the tranny completely. I didn't do this and had barely enough room to slide the clutch in place.
That was my problem I ended up pushing the tranny housing into the whell well, it gave me just enough room to mount the clutch and use the throw out bearing alignment tool.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so drop the subframe...this sounds a lot harder than its made out to be. What about pulling the axles out and away from the wheels? is this a hard job?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts