Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Would you be interested in an aftermarket trunk for the 01-03 Elantras?

• Yes, I'd be down for a OEM Style CF one, for around 445.

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Yes, I'd be down for an OEM Style KEVLAR WITH COLOR OPTIONS one, for around 545.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Yes, Id be interested in a BMW 7 SERIES STYLE one, for around 545.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No way would i buy any aftermarket trunk for the Elantra...

Votes: 20 29.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 90% sure that along with the new Carbon Fiber Hood we are making for the 01-03 Elantra, that we will also be making a Carbon Fiber Trunk for the car as well.

We could do an OEM style one, but we were thinking about adding a pair of LED lights built into the trunk, similar to the BMW 7 series style. Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
that would be sweet but. mabe it would look good if the trunk was shaved also i dont know if that would be posible. the bimmer leds would also look really good. Yes i think i would be interested

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once we start production, if we do it, then we would consider other models like the hatch, and the 04+ trunk, etc.

dang...you guys sure are different. Every time i do a poll, there is never a clear cut winner. :)

·
Tidal Wave owns Ilan & Me
230 Posts
no i will stick to just cf hoods cf trunks is just going with to much cf what next fenders

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
This type of trunk would look pretty cool on the XD..... ( with round, in-set tail lights)
Ever price IS300 inner lights?

They are not cheap, and probably a PITA to just "wire up"

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Well, the CF trunk for me isn't something I want, but I think the inset lights (similar to IS300) wouldn't be bad, necessarilly. The lights don't have to be Lexus-made (so that solves the price problem) and wiring is not hard. It'll be similar to hooking up the Santa Fe bumper reflectors/lights that don't come lit OEM in N/A. (There's a DIY I could show you) So don't let that scare you guys away from that option.

·
2001 Black GLS
89 Posts
I have a hood on order, and would be interested in a trunk early to mid 2005. Probably OEM style as my goal is to reduce wieght, generally if it doesn't help performance, I don't want it.

BMW style is not my taste.

·
Tidal Wave owns Ilan & Me
230 Posts
ilanpro said:
just OEM with a lip spoiler would be cool and if you dont like the look you can always paint it
i agree i would paint it

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.