Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally getting started on the interior painting. Parts will be in this week and next. (I don't like painting the originals, so I got extras). The colors I plan on using are the silver of the body, and dark grey metal flake (just like the outside of my car, silver, and the lip is dark gray).

My original thought is to paint the fascia and upper door panels silver, and leave the vents and window-switch-panels alone. Then I saw sed's interior picture, where he just painted the vents silver and left the fascia gray. I thought that looked good too. Help me out. Please post some pictures of your painted interiors so I can get a feel of what scheme I'm going to go with. Thanks.

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
TNT, that's what I had in mind in the beginning:

But after seing Seds, I'm not sure which I'll do.

Regardless, they're the same color scheme, just reversed... opinions?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
watson80 said:
you can see my interior in the members cars too! But alot of people didnt like my red! I like the superman XD I got goin!
Yea, I've seen yours. The red turned out well, it's just too much color for me. doens't blend well with my neutrals and half-tones.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I wish you could all see my interior in person. It just looks so classy, like everything is meant to be there. When you paint the entire dash fascia, to me its like you are trying to cover everything you can with paint. I like accents, subtle hints of color.

thats just me though

shawn :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since I no longer have the car, feel free to copy the colors. ;) Krylon Fusion "Red Pepper"...same stuff RabidDogBoy used on his interior. Holds up extremely well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pix, rix... I think I'm going to do similar to what you did, but not with red. I want to match the exterior paint as best as possible. Also, I don't think I'll do the Bezel on the gauges. Thanks for helping me visualize.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Krylon Fusion has the amazing property of after 1 week, it is guarenteed not to chip or crack. Now the only problem is, there is no Fusion Silver. So i had to use a Krylon "Original Chrome" paint to get a silver color. Then I clear-coated it, and it has this sand-papery texture if you put more than 2 coats on, and a thin, finger-nails-can-put-marks-in-it-but-it's-smooth texture if you put only 1 coat on it.
I wish there was a Fusion Silver, but...meh, whatever.
Whatever you choose, it'd be great to see the results.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey does anyone hawe a pic of elantra 2002 interior in silver i found one long ago on cardomain but lost it after my hard drive broke down
btw to moderators im sorry to bring up such an old topic

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That's ok bringing the topic back up. Mine is painted silver:

you can also click on my signature to see some more pictures (they are older though)

bolobfly - sed had his wife paint the emblem silver with a paintbrush. She is/was a graphic artist, so has more talent than most of us.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
if you cant decide, check out my paint, i just did the interior plastic pieces up front (dash, center console and passenger vent) in a chameleon that really turns heads when they see it. i also did the door panels up front. the rest will be black when i get time to do it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hyunelan2 thnx very much you hawe just what i needed
btw on Adeck where you put gauges is the carier (plastic around gauges) universal or speical elantra fit?
hope you can understand what i write

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The in-dash gauges are a DIN unit made for the Tiburon (aka Coupe) that a few of us have made work on the elantra. Do a search for "multigauge" to find more information on that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.