Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey There,
Im new to this site, just got my license and got my dad's car, the elantra gt hatchback. I was stumbling through the internet and found this great website. My elantra gt hatchback is stock and I wanted to upgrade the engine so I could get better performance. My question is whether or not the Elantra gt engine is the same as the tiburon V4 engine, and if I could order the Tiburon v4 parts from the internet in order to put them on my elantra?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes and No.

The engine is not the same. Depending on the year of your car, it's either a 2.0 or a 2.0 CVVT (04). There are a bunch of sites which carry parts for our cars, as well as parts for other cars that fit ours as well.

To start you off, check:

kspec.com
teamsr.org
dreamka4u.com

Off the top of my head, these are some sites.

also, for an intake, go to the Naturally Aspirated section, and look at the stickied topic at the top regarding accord intakes.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THank for replying, :bowdown:
My elantra is a 2003 gt hatchback, and the only part I want to use from the Tiburon engine is the dual cat back exhaust and a AEM cold air intake. you think these would fit?
oh, and what types of mods did you do to your elantra so far.
thanks again

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Actually, the engines are the same. The 2001-2003 Elantra has the same engine as the 2003 Tiburon I4 (inline engine, not a V engine). The 2004 Elantra has the same engine as the 2004 Tiburons. Both of these engines are the Beta engines. The newer models just have CVVT, making them different.

Anywway, the intake won't really work, because of the way the engine bays are set up. Best bet would be a cheap Accord Intake, of the EvoFusion intake from Teamsr (www.teamsr.org). The dual cat back could work, but it wouldn't really give you too much extra power, as the Elantras (and Tibs too actually) respong better to a single exhaust set up.

Welcome to the site, good to see new Elantra owners. My only suggestion is too start reading the archives and learn learn learn (Pretend you are in summer school, haha). Good luck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks superGLS,

Looks like I will be going with the team sr intake beacause its cheaper than the shark racing intake and looks like it has about the same performance.
The duel exhaust is more for style than performance, but do you think that the car would perform better with a single catback exhaust?

Here are the websites that are selling duel and single cat back exhausts:

the Duel cat back exhaust:

http://www.motorimpact.com/index.php? main_page=index&cPath=26_42

Single cat back exhaust:

http://www.speedmotion.com/default.php?cPath=22_23

I will probably go with the single cat back exhaust since its a couple hundred cheaper!
again thank you all for answering my questions!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Any tib exhaust prolly won't work as there are different bends and hang points compared to the Elantra.

--NY

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the single cat back exhaust made by Kore on the previous website I showed you should fit an elantra.
The reason I think this is because on elantragtclub.com under modifications and then under catback exhausts

http://www.elantragtclub.com/index/id24.html

it says that other drivers have installed and it was succesfull even though its under the tiburon name, this catback exhaust still works for Elantra.
MAybe others like you said dont work because of bending but this one apperently does.

again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
497 Posts
KORE at one time made a catback specifically for the Elantra...the one shown on the EGT site is that exhaust.

The exhaust sold on speedmotion is for the tibby and it will probably not fit on the elantra.

--NY

·
Registered
497 Posts
OdessitPashka said:
dont buy from speedmotion! they will rip you off!
welcome to the boards!!
I wasn't going to mention that, but I agree 100% KORE/Speedmotion are a terrible company to do business with.

--NY

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well then I guess its back to the drawing board since Kore doesn't have the exhaust or the service that I want!
Well what would you guys recommend as a good cat back exhaust?

again thanks to anyone who replies

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Engine is the same and as mentioned it's an inline 4 not v, but CAI is a maybe and exhaust from a Tib will not fit the Elantra. If you don't like any of the exhausts available for the Elantra, I suggest custom. Oh one more thing...AEM does not make a CAI for the I4 Tiburon anyway, although it can be made to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts