Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not too much, too cool! Your passenger is gonna fry in the summer though.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Maybe just wait for a triple pillar. Its too much...stuff like that should be on a car that is a true race car...then you can justify the aesthetic and comfort (loss of a/c vent) changes.

What are you going to fill the vent switch hole with?

Maybe if you had the dash cover overlay "welded" and it didnt look like a plastic insert was put into the vent, it might look better.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
that was the same way that the old apc hyundai that they had at sema the flat black and green colored one the one on my avatar. i like it but i wouldn't do it cause in cali its hotter then a mother here. just my 2 cent, but looks good.

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
What brand gauges are those, anyway? On second thought, it doesn't look bad...now if they only made white faced speedo/tach faces you would be all set.
:)

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
I dont know, I am not feeling it. I think its to far from all your other gauges to look right. It almost looks like it is for the passenger to watch rather than you. sorry man..

·
Registered
454 Posts
04Elantra said:
What brand gauges are those, anyway? On second thought, it doesn't look bad...now if they only made white faced speedo/tach faces you would be all set.
:)
Or swap out your white accesory gauges to some of the cobalt gauges with the black faces and blue lighting

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
evil247 said:
Or swap out your white accesory gauges to some of the cobalt gauges with the black faces and blue lighting
Cobalt gauges are super expensive

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice job. When I had 300ZX Twin Turbo, I made boost gauge like that.

But the problem is the summer time.

Well, but it worths in my opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like it. Your A/C will blow harder out of the vents since you closed one off so you shouldn't feel that much of a difference. They make gauge kits for Mustangs that close off TWO dash vents and they sell like Hotcakes. I have seen them on most every HiPo Mustang out there. Plus, you have something that no other XD/XD2 owner has.......Air Cooled Gauges :tongue:

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Keep ur cool.....get your vent back!!! I t looks good but the A/C is worth more IMO!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts