Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are white turning signals ( front or back ) legal and having a white bulb in the side markers legal? i would think having all white lights in the front would look nice but i dont want a ticket.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You may not have any white/red(in front)/blue flashing lights. Sidemarkers are supposed to light amber. This is so at night you can identify what direction a car is travelliny by the color of the lights/reflectors. i.e. Red: going away from you, White: coming at you, and the side reflectors (red/amber) let you know which way the ca is heading if travelling lateral to you.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
I have ALL superwhite in the front of my car and I have NEVER got a ticket for it (I live in NY)..As for the back it MUST be yellow or red,but you can get away with the front being white/superwhite....It all goes by if the cops in your town are strict.

·
Registered
429 Posts
lab in FL you can also drive around with your underbody lights on as long as your windshield washer lights aren't on

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Man... my state is gay. Can't do $hit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
vabeach_03 said:
lab in FL you can also drive around with your underbody lights on as long as your windshield washer lights aren't on
well, as long as they aren't blue or red that is true... but... If anyone has windshield washer lights... I'd like to slap some sense into ya :( they're not cool... lol

But, I know people that drive around all the time with underbody lights on and ghey windshield washer lights on at the same time, never get a ticket... though it does draw attention to your car, I really wouldn't reccommned doing it if you have say a aftermarket exhaust, dark tint, etc.. anything else that can be considered illegal... because then cops will be dicks...

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
It all depends on your local law and the cop you get. Most could care less, they have bigger problems to deal with. But sometimes you get a cop who's just a dick. For me, I always get pulled over in Cerritos, CA which is where I work and where my gf lives. Cerritos is a pretty nice area so there isn't much crime, that's why I think they get bored and start picking on you. I drove around with my white sidemarkers for over a year and a half until a Cerritos cop pulled me over and gave me a fix it ticket. I've been pulled over 3 times since I've been driving the past 8 years, each time it's always been in the city of Cerritos.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
It's a small world ain't it? LOL. Would you recommend any service done at La Mar Hyundai? I currently take it to the Nissan/Hyundai of Long Beach but they take too long for just simple jobs.

BTW, I hope your drive through Cerritos goes well. My encounters with the cops here has always been at night. =)

·
Registered
212 Posts
check your state laws, your state should have a website with statutes listed. Look for "tail lamp" or "spot lamps" or "auxiliary lamps" if you're lucky enough to have a statute search engine like New Hampshire. Clear side markers should be legal anywhere as lots of cars don't even have these lights on the side, and thus are not required to follow any formal scheme. Always avoid extra red and blue lights, that is asking for trouble... As for turn signals in NH i don't believe there is a required color for them.

example nh signal lamp law...

Any vehicle in use on a way shall be equipped with, and required signal shall be given by, lighted signal lamps when the distance from the center of the top of the steering post to the left outside limit of the body, cab or load of such vehicle exceeds 24 inches, or when the distance from the center of the top of the steering post to the rear limit of the body or load thereof exceeds 14 feet. The latter measurement shall apply to any single vehicle, and to any combination of vehicles.

note: NH is very strict about car laws, so if we allow any color (obviously excluding red and blue) you should be fine with bright white. I don't think a cop would give you shit for those, hell, he probably wouldn't even notice as it won't stand out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts