• I don't switch anything

Votes: 40 32.0%
  • There isn't a "winter" where I live

Votes: 34 27.2%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Bah, I don't even want to think about winter. I'm glad it's not as bad here as it is for Felix and them up in canada.

I need to buy a set of steelies for the winter..but I need money for that..

·
íтş śтíłļ ά нұύиđåι...
1,092 Posts
winter??? wuts that... it was 79 degrees here today, and i hate it... i want snow!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I haven't bought alloys yet, nor do i have any major suspension mods that make driving in snow bad...so I change nothing.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
driving to get my snows from the in-laws place in two weeks. It snowed in Kitchener-Waterloo today...I was a little nervous that 2 weeks might be too far away.

(I don't have enough room to store them here, so it's a 5 hour drive to go and put them on) Then I need to get the car oiled as well, get some of that fish oil on there to prevent the rusting.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
was supposed to do that this weekend... didn't happen, so hopefully next weekend

·
Registered
605 Posts
Rust-proofing.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I need to change wheels/tires, switch the KDM grill to OEM, remove the 'lip pieces' from the bottom of the car, remove chrome exhaust tip, swap the carpet floor mats for rubber floor mats, and maybe remove the headlight eyelids. I used to take them off for winter, but last year I siliconed them on and they didn't want to come off without a fight, so I just left them.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Im hoping for one more meet in the next week or so. after that, winter wheels, and removing my front lip. with the front lip i have a 4 inch clearance, so unless i plan on being a snow plow, its gotta come off. other than that, i think thats all im gonna do. Do you guys suggest switching out my Chrome headlights and KDM fogs for the winter? im not sure what damage the salt and sand might have on them.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
i just wanna get snow tires.. and i havnt done that yet. So im not ready :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
It doesnt snow in my part of the world.........except up north in the himalayas......so i dont change anything in the winters...............
except warmer clothes i.e

·
Registered
288 Posts
Snow... What the F... Is snow... We dont get no snow here where i live in australia.... it is always bloody hot LOL!!!!... our summer is coming up and i am not looking forward to the 40 - 48 degree celcius days we have and it only cools down to 25 - 30 degrees at night.... its so so so so ****ing hot.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I still need to put my snow tires on my rims i just got from zx2uner... Thanks again man.... then i need to put switch rims on the car, prolly do an oil change, oh and clean the guk out of the front fenders. But before all that i gotta finish the garage off. Still gotta insulate the walls and clean it up... So please keep the really cold and snow away for a couple more weeks....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I selected yes because I moved my studded snow tires/winter steelies out of storage and have them ready when needed. They are not legal until November 1st but I don't foresee going over any of the mountain passes in the Cascades or Coastal Range for a while and the weather doesn't really get bad around here in the valley until January or so. The tire store does the changeover no charge ... that's a plus. Last year, I took them off because it was so warm in February and then, naturally, we had a winter storm before winter was over. Imagine that. Had to put the studs back on.

We get more ice (freezing rain/freezing fog) than snow, but even when it does snow, it's really wet and slippery. It's not that nice sticky powder like in the mountains.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
That's always the worst kind, I'd rather have sticky powder...at least you won't slide all over the road.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts