Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months and months I have finally landed a job. I'm heading back to Grand Rapids. If anyone is looking for a house in Illinois (carpentersville) let me know, I'll give you a good price :D. Glad to be back in Grand Rapids.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Yay! Get Money!!

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a gig as the Executive Chef of a private dinner club. A members only deal. Pretty good gig, I have worked at them before, but cooking is what I do best so I'm glad

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
i dont think this website has any more room for another cook... err. chef? lmfao

im pretty sure bdiggy (bryan) is the food guy on this site. lol

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
oh man, so you two are gonna have some beef!......pun intended

Ohhh! Double Pun!

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Aww, snap! It's on, lol. if you need any help or fresh ideas, hit me up. Cars i'm not that great at, food on the other hand, that's my business.

·
Here to irritate Munky
2,584 Posts
Aww, snap! It's on, lol. if you need any help or fresh ideas, hit me up. Cars i'm not that great at, food on the other hand, that's my business.

WTF?

I bet his boifriend runs around singing "yo ho yo ho a pirates' a$$ for me"

The subtitle needs to be changed from chef for life to ..

Put ye tar tar here maytee..!

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, will do. I've been cooking for the past 12 years working my way up the ranks. Don't worry everyone else, I am not looking for trouble when it comes to cooking or a challenge. It would be sweet however when there is a mass meet to cater the thing. I live close to a restaurant depot and have access to portable kitchen equipment. So if there was a nice sized meet in the mid-west and people reserved ($$$) for the meet we could do food all weekend long or whatever. What kind of food do you gravitate towards? Italian, Asian, French..... I have started leaning towards southern, cajun creole, and caribbean, but my main staples are Italian. As far as the cars go I can pretty much do my own work, but look to other XD members for advice.:clap:

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Southern/creole is a lot of fun. I can do the Asian thing really well as well as Italian. We do quite a bit of Medditerranean at the restaurant too. I've recently gotten heavier into pairing foods with wine and vise versa.

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Since your big into pairing food and wine, I have this kick @$$ book that shows you how to pair food with wine that you didn't think was possible or might alter tastes. Example, doing a blackened salmon, since it is spicy will go hand in hand with a cab. Usually people think white with fish, but this book shows you ways to alter the food to make it work with different wines. I have two copies so if you want it, I could you it to you. I don't know what kind of experience you have and don't want to be insulting, so let me know.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Ha. I think i'm good, but thanks. We do a wine dinner every month at the restaurant. We get a cook book author to come in and sign books and we take 5 recipes from that book and pair each course with a different wine. I've gotten very good at last second adjustments to compliment a wine just right. Besides, it's more fun to pair food and wine through taste then to read about how they'll work together;)

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice, Good to meet someone else who is into cooking, even though this is a car site. I'm Cody by the way, see you around

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
WTF?

I don't know what your deal is bro, but this seemed a little uncalled for. I'm happily married, yes to a woman, and god forbid I have a little career dedication, dick.:headshake

End threadjack.

·
Night time is coming
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WTF?

First off, learn how to spell. Next walk your *** into your nearest/busiest restaurant and take a step in our shoes. You will fail miserably. A tattoo can be a representation of yourself or whatever you want. Yea and good idea mocking or taunting someone who works with razor sharp knifes all day....idiot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts