Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to book a vacation to st augustine for probably the last week in july. we'll be flying down on a fri/sat, and staying for about a week.

thought id see if anyone is in the area, wants to meet up for a day or so. my plans so far are sitting on the beach, drinking beer (hopefully its legal...:D), climbing some light houses, surf fishing, pier fishing, and ill probably do deep sea fishing charter at least once, maybe twice, on the "sea love 3" (fished with them years ago and had a blast...nice big groupers and snappers).

dont have any other plans as of now. havent been down there in 10 years. would like to see some of the night life since im now old enough to go anywhere

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow...no one? i booked everything. ill be getting there sat 7/26 i think in the evening, and ill be leaving sat 8/2, i think flight leaves around 6pm

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Depending on the work schedule I may see about coming up for a night to hang out, I still have friends that live there.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump. getting a little closer. anyone else in the area wanna meet up? fishing charter, beer, something else i should try while in FL?

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Try and check out some of the street scene if you can. If you pick any major road in Jax you'll likely find a gathering of cars. I am trying to remember the name of the road, but people usually meet at sonic's

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not really worried about the street scene. getting a little boring at this point. not as exciting as it was a few years ago

and fwiw, im actually seeing how i can get my handguns checked in my luggage on the plane to go down there, since my OH CCW permit is good for FL. might want to do some recreational shooting while im there too. who knows

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
You guys are crazy. It's safe here. Well, most areas. just don't go to the westside and certain places on the northside. I live on the southside and it's great. Normal crime rates as any decent sized city really.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
^haven't seen you on in awhile. You're Craig right? I think I still have your phone number from the first time I went down to Jax.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Yeah whats up dude? I haven't been on here in forever. I just recently finished college, now im trying to start my own business so I've had no time for forums and especially no time for my car. Actually my car has been sitting and from the freakin Florida sun my paint is screwed. My whole car looks like crap, it's an 03 with 30k miles and it looks like a 15 year old car with 200k miles. hopefully that will change soon though because I have some financial aid money left from school and instead of doing the responsible thing and paying it back right away I think I'll put it in my car just to "restore" it. haha. I'll be on here more often now though. Sorry for the thread jack and lengthy post.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
If you skate, Jax has Kona, which is the place to go for boarders. I was just in Jax this weekend, unfortuneatly it was to work. My kids came up for the weekend (I didn't get to see them much, but they did skate at Kona). Are you flying or driving? You can check your weapon in your bags, but they put a tag that says a weapon is in the bag, not sure if you want to trust the baggage people not stealing it. There are some gun ranges that will let you rent a weapon to shoot. I think there is Shoot Straight off of University that will rent you a weapon for the range.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im flying, and its got to be locked in a case. unfortunately, i dont skate, so ill pass on that. i may be up for some shooting while im there

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump - 6 days till im out of OH

rob - you in for some shooting? im debating on bringing my keltec or M&P. i *might* bring both, but if i do, i cant fit ammo in my box so ill have to buy some when i get there.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
meet me at the airport for a bit saturday? ive got a 3 hour layover, but from what im hearing, not a great idea to leave the airport. noonish i think. ill find out for sure later

·
circuit track whore
3,820 Posts
meet me at the airport for a bit saturday? ive got a 3 hour layover, but from what im hearing, not a great idea to leave the airport. noonish i think. ill find out for sure later
sat ive got to get my new race tires mounted and get bike prepped for mid ohio on tuesday :D or else i would. brake flush, new front brakes, changing out rearsets (riders foot peg assembly), and a ton more stuff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts