Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you already have a "copy" of Hova's new album, but if you are like me and still buy music, you can listen to the whole album for free on MTV right now (plays via Rhapsody). It comes out on 9/11 (like the original Blueprint).

Listening to it now, it's pretty good.

So far I like Thank You, Run This Town (which you've probably heard on the radio), Empire State of Mind, and On To The Next One.

I don't really like The Death of Autotune song though.

Here's the link.

http://bit.ly/70bg8

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Young Forever is the best song on the album to me. It might be because I think "Forever Young" by Youth Group is an awesome song (and generally I only listen to rap, r&b, and some classic rock).

I agree that overall I like stuff from Reasonable Doubt, Streets is Watching, Vol 1, 2 , and 3, and the Blueprint better than American Gangster, the Blueprint 2, and Kingdom Come. The Black Album is good though. Of course, some of the stuff on The Best of Both Worlds albums with R. Kelly is hit or miss, and on The Dynasty was mostly ehh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
606 Posts
So far I like Run This Town, and Real as it Gets.

Death of Autotune is a great idea, but something about the song leaves me unsatisfied.

EDIT: I like Hate too.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
This album is bangin'! Empire State of Mind, Thank You, Young Forever, Off That, On To The Next One, all great tracks.

·
Superfly TnT, Guns of ...
4,175 Posts
On to the Next One is the only song I like. The Blueprint 3 is disappointing IMO. Jay really needs to switch up his material and try to add more diversity to his tracks, because he sounds the same in all his music.

Which is why....

NAS>Jay-Z

End of topic.

·
4,175 Posts
I think Soulja Boy made more money than the Roots, doesn't mean he is better.

Jay has been talking about the same things for the last 10 years. Where's the diversity in subject material at? The last true hip-hop album I really enjoyed, thoroughly, would have to be Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor (even though his last cd wasn't bad either.) From a lyrical standpoint, Food and Liquor > B3 IMO.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Rappers have all different types of "rapping" thats why soulja boy made so much money...and he made most of his money on ringtones but still lmao (i dont like soulja boy that much imo)

But Nas and Jay Z are two totally different rappers and i feel you on the part of him not changing what he raps about but hes still making songs compared to Nas...It's like Eminem, eminem use to be good when he rapped about his real life problems and all that stuff, but now hes trying to be funny in his songs and...they just suck (newest cd).

I think Jay Z just doesnt wanna change it up cause hes done good doing what hes been doing.

·
4,175 Posts
I think Nas is still pretty good. I didn't pick up ******, but Hip Hop is Dead was pretty good. What I like about Nas is that his songs invole a message, thought, or feeling with the listener. While jay is good at what he does, I get tired of hearing how he is the best rapper ever, or how he used to sling drugs. I think great artists are those that show versatility. The production on the B3 is pretty good, but the versatility isn't there.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Nas has no songs that resonate with me. I partially judge a rapper by how much their material sticks in my head after I hear it. I.E. when Super made that "on to the next one" crack, I immediately felt the need to bump to that track. I'll admit that the Blueprint 3 is no Black Album... but it's MILES ahead of American Gangster.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
**** DOA, I like autotune. Sue me.

The hooks are mindless... IMHO what was missing from some other albums. I like... no LOVE that Pharrell joint... One of the top 3 songs on the album.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
so i downloaded the cd a few nights ago (not because i saw this thread), but only about 5-6 songs work, and the rest skip on my ipod. i was pissed. the "hater" song is good, i got hooked on "run this town" as soon as they did it live on leno. empire state of mind is good too...got me pumped up a bit when i was working out last night. ill have to try to get the rest of the songs here soon

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Jay - Z sucks! He hasn't done anything good since Hard Knock Life.

Go get Slaughterhouse, I was looking for some info in Crooked I (which I heard on techn9ne's Cd like last month or so) and found him grouped up with Royce da 5'9", Joell Ortiz and Joe Budden. This Disc is Awesome!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts