Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
I beleive that there were issues with KORE. jay confronted the issues and became involved in an argument with koredan (i think). blue then stripped him of his moderator status for personally flaming someone, which is against the board rules. jay did not appreciate being punished for what he considered to be protecting other hyundai owners from terrible business ethics.

I wasnt involved personally, and though I am opinionated on the matter, I tried to present it in a non-partisan fashion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think its total bs that jay was punished for sticking up for all the ppl that had problems with kore, i guess the admins on this site haven't heard of free speech. I never saw what jay said but i think that the moderators could of handled this in a more civil manner than just stripping him of moderator status. After all he was one of the most helpful people on this forum.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
from what I understand, blue and koredan are buddies. doing car stuff in particular with friends just doesnt seem to work out. if you refer a guy to your friend and he's (your friend is) terrible at doing business, you have to alienate someone, either the customer, or the friend. and of course, if you dont support your friend, then he wont be your friend anymore.

Blue is between a rock and a hard place. its probably pretty hard to tell a good friend that he's terrible at operating a business.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Plz no more of this topic we all know why Jay has left us and I respect why and im sure many others do..This needs to be locked be4 it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think jay did the right thing by leaving. i hope all the moderators realize what they did though.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hopefully, this will be the last time I have to say this. The whole deal was not about KORE. It was simply the last stroke for me.

Jay is a knowledgable person and I respect him for that. But we are all adults here and need to handle things professionally, especially moderators. Jay's behavior was not acceptable, IMHO. You all remember Evo Fusion exhaust thread, right? Well, yes, exhaust does not make 20whp. But there was no need to make fun of it (AOL high speed, whatever) and accuse Bradley of lying without any proof. 01silverbullet might have been wrong about Apex springs but there was no need to call him a ricer. There was no need to organize those Show vs Go flames and constantly argue and make fun of Rshack, JEM and others who are into showing their cars instead of racing. That kind of stuff is not acceptable coming from a moderator. I asked him to stop that. It didn't work. As a matter of fact, several individuals (you know who you are, I won't mention any names) actually asked me how come Jay is still a moderator after all those flames he constantly engaged in.

People, instead of accusing me, try to put yourselves into my place and think what you would have done. Believe me, it was a hard decision for me but I felt that it had to be done for the good of the whole board. I sent him a PM politely explaining the reason for my decision and expressed my hope that he would still stay here and help fellow Elantra owners. After all this is what it's all about: helping each other out, not moderating. So I felt like if he was really committed to helping Elantra people, he would stick around and still answer technical questions you guys might have. Instead, he deleted his account and left, acting unprofessionally once again imho.

This thread will not be locked and actually I would like to hear what people have to say. Just please, refrain from personal attacks and name calling. Thank you!

·
Registered
281 Posts
To be honest about the entire thing nothing super bad was ever said. If your going to take what one person says to heart and let it hurt your feelings then you need to grow up. No one ever says anything about a flame on HDK and SR well sometimes SR. I don't see why anyone is trying to defend a company that did bad busness. It seems 50% of the people that did busness with them got worked over. I personaly have nothing bad to say about Kore. Cool people as far as I know. Just made some bad busness decsions. Now IMHO none of it was a personal flame. I'm sure jay got tons of pm's thanking him for saying what he did.

One of the major reasons I stoped modding my car was because every company that makes some Hyundai part is at best a joke. Takes 7months to get something when you get it its broken/wrong part/messsed up or you get your money back. I think that and the fact that companys kept trying to take advantage of n00bs into buying $300+ exhaust systems and crap like that. Plus the shitty customer feed back and just the deception got on his nerves. What he was doing by saying what he did to Kore was no diffrent then what you would do if you left feed back on a seller on ebay that pulled the same shit these companys are doing.

IMHO you messed up by stripping him of mod powers. He was looking out and protecting alot of people from wasting money. I would buy the Kore catback from Jay before I would buy it from Kore after seeing how they have conducted some busness. I know jay's instock means it will ship within 24hours not 24 weeks. It's your site and I know you want to keep this a happy family type board and you have every right to do that. But I think more then half the members will agree that he was looking out for everyones best intrests. May have been harsh but he proved a point. For a company to say an exhaust system makes 20hp. Then since its dyno tested they mark it up like 20 bucks. Then when it dosn't make the power they advertize and you want to return it but there policy says they don't stand behind it so you can't. Don't claim it!!! Everyone knew the dyno was tampered with. Then jay called bullshit along with everyone else. If I had photochop skills I would have done more then AOL topspeed.

I think flame should be anything goes to a point. I see no need for a flame to get locked ever unless its way out of control like violence being wished upon people. I feel for ya jay I would have done the same thing if I was in your shoes. It was a big slap in the face when you prolly saved me and lord knows how many other people from buying stuff that wouldn't work or was just plain retarded. My hat is off to you.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sure, I am pissed that jay had to leave. The day he left the forum was in my opinion the worst day for ElantraXD.

But it's already done, and i don't think it's ever gonna change. He's still on Elantra GT Club, so if anyone needs him, visit that forum.

I just don't think complaining is going to do much anymore, except causing more heat here... so stop this madness already.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Freedom of speech still pertains to public websites like this one. If someone wants to personally flame someone else, it's on the moderators or administrators to remove/lock the post or the account. Anything more than that and people just need to shut the fuck up and quit crying about their pussy-nerd feelings being hurt. If I think your car is a lame-ass piece of shit it's my right to tell you that. If Blue thinks this post is out of line it's his right to shut it down. Any questions????

·
Registered
281 Posts
Elkane7533 said:
Sure, I am pissed that jay had to leave. The day he left the forum was in my opinion the worst day for ElantraXD.
He didn't have to leave I'm sure he felt be trayed and just acted. I wouldn't say the worst day but it was a dark day for exd.

Elkane7533 said:
I just don't think complaining is going to do much anymore, except causing more heat here... so stop this madness already.
I don't think anyone is complaining they are just a little blown that hes gone. It was always fun to see what he was goign to do next and everything. It's going to hurt us as a comunity by not having him. Elantragtclub isn't well last I checked isn't a web site about performance tech stuff like ares. Its more people that just enjoy the car and stuff not wanting to gut it turbo it and see what happens. That may have changed.

TBurton said:
Freedom of speech still pertains to public websites like this one. If someone wants to personally flame someone else, it's on the moderators or administrators to remove/lock the post or the account. Anything more than that and people just need to shut the fuck up and quit crying about their pussy-nerd feelings being hurt. If I think your car is a lame-ass piece of shit it's my right to tell you that. If Blue thinks this post is out of line it's his right to shut it down. Any questions????
I agree with what you said but I wouldn't use such colorful words to say it. But I'm not saying jay made the site but he helped out alot with the performance aspect of the car. Hurt feelings or not I would have done the same thing.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
my thoughts are this...making fun of SR for coming out with a catback that is making 20 whp is a little rediculous but i dont think that j was trying make fun of them but make the elantra community realize that 20 whp out of a catback is suspect.....and as far as j saying things about company's that didnt do what they said they would do....well.....the site is based in the USA and if he wants to flame sombody for shotty ethics...so be it....somebody had the balls to come out and say something about it.....and look what came from it....it looks like KORE got their act together....and why? because somebody stood up and said " i aint gonna take no mo!" and i agree with him :clap: every now and again...a bad company needs their ass handed to them....no matter who they are....but maybe some good will come of it! J was an intriquet part of EXD and he is sadly missed.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
As I said before, it wasn't what Jay was saying but the way he went about saying it. He could have told everyone that Kore is no good and the evofusion catback hp claims were inflated without the name calling and bs. Maybe I'm a little more mature but what I saw were a grown men revert back to 5th grade play ground shouting matches. Jay wasn't the only person that was acting like an ass but as a mod he had a responsibility to be more level headed and mature about those kind of situations. And I did not see him being true to that responsibility.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2GTS said:
As I said before, it wasn't what Jay was saying but the way he went about saying it. He could have told everyone that Kore is no good and the evofusion catback hp claims were inflated without the name calling and bs. Maybe I'm a little more mature but what I saw were a grown men revert back to 5th grade play ground shouting matches. Jay wasn't the only person that was acting like an ass but as a mod he had a responsibility to be more level headed and mature about those kind of situations. And I did not see him being true to that responsibility.
You must not get around to alot of other forums. Everthing he said would be a complament on some of the forums that are out here. This forums is a nice family enviroment. Go to www.clubsi.com and go into si vs all. Most of the noobs are greeted with your moms a whore, god hates you, smash your car into a tree and o your moms a whore. Some of that is posted by mods.

He shouldn't have to be level headed with Kore. The company dosn't even exsist any more. Jay was selling stuff from them at his dealership so I'm sure alot of stuff has happend between them that we don't know about. Sometiems people just need to step back and stop getting there E-feelings hurt. Hell the last thread about kore befor jay left was in the flame section and all the posts but the first one where deleted by bluegt and then the topic was locked. I thought flame section was anything goes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Kyrol said:
Hell the last thread about kore befor jay left was in the flame section and all the posts but the first one where deleted by bluegt and then the topic was locked. I thought flame section was anything goes. :rolleyes:
But not when it comes to KORE because they are personal friends to Blue. Now I can understand someone wanting to stick up for your friends...Shit I would go to hell and back for my friends. But there is always a point when you have to say to your buddy "Dude WTF are you doin?" And as for the guys at KORE they may be really great guys but with REALLY Bad Business Ethics. And that is what Jay was trying to let be known. Maybe not in the best way, but what was done to him was overboard, and IMO he had to leave because he was shit on and I know I would not want to be somewhere where I was treated like that.

:bowdown: As Ford said, this ones for you Jay :bowdown:

--NY

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
I actually agreed with Jay about the KORE thing, Hell I am still on the verge of a lawsuit. And it shocks the hell out of me that admin and mods stand up for a thieving company when people bash them. To me that means they are just as guilty.

Word of mouth is amazing, and I am sure the HYUNDAI community needs to learn that the shady people on the net support shady companies and sites.

People that stuck up for KORE, SR, and EVO whatever, they all know they suck and have/had issues, so why not warn people just to get sensored by people in the same community as you?

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Sure... KORE had issues, and they have been discussed before. But Jay did go overboard. The whole flame was entirely uncalled for, and BlueGT holds this site at a higher standard than that. I wish it never happened, but what's done is done.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
SWortham said:
Sure... KORE had issues, and they have been discussed before. But Jay did go overboard. The whole flame was entirely uncalled for, and BlueGT holds this site at a higher standard than that. I wish it never happened, but what's done is done.
nothing is considered overboard if somebody is getting screwed out of money and being lied to about it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
just my 2 cents but seriously what is this helping Jay has left and I highly doubt that will change granted he was a wonderful help to the Elantra world as it is and continues to be with his new formed msg board but seriously you all are going to drive this in to the ground when its done and over with. And by the way if I get flamed on for this post well heres me using my Freedom of Speech " Kiss my ass " that again only goes for anyone who wishs to give me shit for this post. :fiddle:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts